TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake faux Gas Cap

Now for something "Real Unique".....................

A complete Super Snake faux cap for the 2007-2009.............

015_zpsewqpdiet.jpg

and a matching steering wheel/drivers air bag emblem for the 2007-2009...........

014_zpscn2yz0vb.jpg

I bought these from someone 4-5 years ago (I think), I don't even remember who it was. They contacted me when that previous thread (linked above) was current and they said they could make these two items, so I had them make me a set............I don't even remember how much they charged me?

R

Edited by Robert M

Were they supposed to be installed as part of the SS package?

This was not an item that was offered for the earlier production Super Snakes. It "may" have been offered later, possibly as an optional cost item?

It may have been added when the short throw shifter and/or rear brake upgrade was added? My car went through the Mod Shop in Jan. 2009 and these items were not options at that time, but they were a couple of months later.

This faux ring may have come along at that time, or shortly there after?

R

Edited by Robert M

Thanks, I am picking one up from 281 Motorsports, seems like a good deal at $59

Did you call them yet? I called them yesterday, I thought for that price I might as well pick up a spare. They told me they do not stock that part and they would have to call Shelby to order it. I asked if it was still available, the seller said he was not sure. I asked him to call Shelby and ask if it was still available before I place an on-line order? He called Shelby and was told that this Super Snake faux ring has been discontinued and he would not be able to order it for me.............Oh well, it was a nice thought...........

R

Hmmm, I just ordered it online and it accepted order, I will follow up with them.

Yes, it would be best to call them and verify. It was going to take my on-line order also, but then I thought I better ask about it, since I know many of the vendors are a "middle man" for Shelby parts. When I read the description of this faux ring, and that it was going to require current Super Snake owner verification for purchase, I knew that Shelby must be involved currently and a simple on-line order would not go through without further verification.

R