TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Young enthusiast with a goal

svt_cole

Hey y'all. My name is Cole Preston, from Georgia. I'm a car enthusiast but my dream car has been the GT500 ever since I was 12 years old.

Back in 2007, my parents went to go look at a Ford Edge for a new family vehicle at our local Ford dealership. When we walked onto the showroom floor, there sat a 2008 Shleby GT500KR. I was drooling all over it. I had always loved Mustangs but this thing was absolutely gorgeous and I knew it was the baddest Mustang of all time when it came out. I saw it in Top Gear, in Magazines and I fell in love with it. Seeing one in person blew my mind.

My parents and I were taking pictures of it, asking the salesman questions and such while they got the Edge ready for us. While my parents were filling out paper work, a salesmen walked up from behind me and unlocked it. He opened the door and let me sit in it and showed me all of the interior. Talk about a kid in a candy store, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world.

Ever since I have adored GT500's. They have been and always will be my dream car. The year does not even matter that much to me. However, the 2013's mean a lot to me since that was my Senior year of high school. The 200 MPH top speed and blacked out tail lights stole my heart when it hit the streets.

I'm an automotive student and I work full time at a local Dodge dealership slowly building my toolbox and learning all that I can about cars. My dream is not to fix them, although that's where I'm starting. My dream is to learn more about making them go faster. That will be my dream job.

On my 21st birthday, which will be April 26th of next year, I'll be close to graduating college. My graduation/birthday present to myself will be a 2008 Shleby GT500. I'm currently doubling my payments on my current car(2007 Honda Civic Si) to pay off as much as possible so I won't have negative equity when I trade it.

I couldn't imagine having a quarter life crisis or owning my dream car at 21 years old but I'm more than determined and motivated to make it happen. So, here I am. To learn more about my dream.

I'm a somewhat old fashioned, traditional kinda guy that wears Georgia boots 7 days a week. I think the raw simplicity of this car fits me. Plus, it will be the same car that helped influence my passion and love for such machines.

So, until April or May, I'll enjoy my 25 MPG Civic. Thanks y'all! :D

What are you getting a degree in? Is it a 4 year degree?

There are design schools, but they are very difficult to get in to. I think if you watch the show that was on a few years ago with Camilo Pardo (the Ford GT designer that won, I think it was kind of set up) some of the younger designers went to school in Detroit. But remember there is more to cars than designing them, and the design and manufacturing of the tools that make the cars is as much a challenge of the cars themselves.

Good luck with your future!

And enjoy your new car. It's not that far out there.

Hey y'all. My name is Cole Preston, from Georgia. I'm a car enthusiast but my dream car has been the GT500 ever since I was 12 years old.

Back in 2007, my parents went to go look at a Ford Edge for a new family vehicle at our local Ford dealership. When we walked onto the showroom floor, there sat a 2008 Shleby GT500KR. I was drooling all over it. I had always loved Mustangs but this thing was absolutely gorgeous and I knew it was the baddest Mustang of all time when it came out. I saw it in Top Gear, in Magazines and I fell in love with it. Seeing one in person blew my mind.

My parents and I were taking pictures of it, asking the salesman questions and such while they got the Edge ready for us. While my parents were filling out paper work, a salesmen walked up from behind me and unlocked it. He opened the door and let me sit in it and showed me all of the interior. Talk about a kid in a candy store, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world.

Ever since I have adored GT500's. They have been and always will be my dream car. The year does not even matter that much to me. However, the 2013's mean a lot to me since that was my Senior year of high school. The 200 MPH top speed and blacked out tail lights stole my heart when it hit the streets.

I'm an automotive student and I work full time at a local Dodge dealership slowly building my toolbox and learning all that I can about cars. My dream is not to fix them, although that's where I'm starting. My dream is to learn more about making them go faster. That will be my dream job.

On my 21st birthday, which will be April 26th of next year, I'll be close to graduating college. My graduation/birthday present to myself will be a 2008 Shleby GT500. I'm currently doubling my payments on my current car(2007 Honda Civic Si) to pay off as much as possible so I won't have negative equity when I trade it.

I couldn't imagine having a quarter life crisis or owning my dream car at 21 years old but I'm more than determined and motivated to make it happen. So, here I am. To learn more about my dream.

I'm a somewhat old fashioned, traditional kinda guy that wears Georgia boots 7 days a week. I think the raw simplicity of this car fits me. Plus, it will be the same car that helped influence my passion and love for such machines.

So, until April or May, I'll enjoy my 25 MPG Civic. Thanks y'all! :D

Good luck with your dream!

And if there's anything I can do to help........don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks you two! It's not a design school. It's at a technical college that is designed to help me get ASE certified. It's kinda like UTI but I actually learn something. It's only 16 months so 3 semesters and I'll be starting my last one in January. During all of this, my dealer is planning on sending me to Chrysler school and I'll learn a ton there.

Hey Cole, your story reminds a lot of my own. I went with my dad to look at the new cars every year and fell in love with the new 1964 Mustang then the Shelbys came out.... it took me until I was 52 until I owned my first Shelby (and 2nd Mustang). Follow your dreams and life will reward you!

I can speak for Grsybtch in the fact that if you need something ask him, he's from your area and he will give you the shirt off his back.... it may be greasy but he will give it to you none the less!

Take care and enjoy!

Thanks you two! It's not a design school. It's at a technical college that is designed to help me get ASE certified. It's kinda like UTI but I actually learn something. It's only 16 months so 3 semesters and I'll be starting my last one in January. During all of this, my dealer is planning on sending me to Chrysler school and I'll learn a ton there.

Best of luck to you! After you go to Chrysler school then make your way to Ford!!