TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ok got pictures of the new ride

a1machinista1

I asked in a different "room" about potential issues with a 2007 SGT we are buying... I got some good info and now wanted to post a few pictures. So by the pictures can you tell me:

#1 does this look like the stock scoop?

#2 does this have the lower grill I have heard about for protecting cooling fins?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RYeu3coqG3eFlqQTJBUTR6dlE/view?usp=docslist_api

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RYeu3coqG3X2UxVDdEVUtuZHM/view?usp=docslist_api

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RYeu3coqG3cU1wUFFnQ0NGMzA/view?usp=docslist_api

Screenshot_2015-09-09-21-03-38.png

Screenshot_2015-09-09-20-52-12.png

Screenshot_2015-09-09-20-52-38.png

The scoop looks to be the latest "upgraded" version. You can tell by the rivets all along the edge and the fact that it appears to be sitting flat on the hood

The pic is too dark for me to make out the lower grill area at all, but if the opening below the striped front bumper is empty, then the lower grill was not added :shrug:

The scoop looks to be the latest "upgraded" version. You can tell by the rivets all along the edge and the fact that it appears to be sitting flat on the hood

The pic is too dark for me to make out the lower grill area at all, but if the opening below the striped front bumper is empty, then the lower grill was not added :shrug:

+1 ... looks like a very nice clean example.

Good luck on your search for the lower grill. Make sure it fits a California special front fascia.Did a quick search and didn't see anything but persistence pays off.

Damn wrong picture

20150911_204633.jpg

Also no lower grill... so I am in the market for one..any ideas?

CONGRATS! LOOKS AWESOME! ENJOY!

Ok we picked her up today... holy sheep herder this thing is a blast to drive...so what should I do now?? How can I check the history of the car?

Also I noticed the shifter gets warm after driving a bit... maybe 100- 120 degrees??

Normal?

Ahhh! the most dangerous question in the Shelby world!!!

Sky's the limit........ :spend:

Supercharger......bigger brakes.......watts link.......gauge pod.......etc. etc. etc.

you can still purchase a lower grill that fits the 2007/2008 Shelby GT/California Special Front Fascia. It is Black Plastic and has "Honey Comb" that somewhat matches the black plastic honeycomb pieces on each side of the lower grill. It doesn't match the Shelby Upper Billet Grill but its better than nothing because it helps protect your condenser fins/tubes. It is $89.00 and available through Silver Horse Racing.com. The Part is #S197-200-CS. I would suggest this solution until you can find a matching Shelby Billet Grill. Good Luck finding a Shelby Billet Grill though. They were discontinued over 2 years ago and I haven't seen one on Ebay in well over a year.

ps: If I were you I would spend the $89.00. I had a quote on replacing my condenser a couple of years ago and it was almost $600 parts and labor.

Ok we picked her up today... holy sheep herder this thing is a blast to drive...so what should I do now?? How can I check the history of the car?

Also I noticed the shifter gets warm after driving a bit... maybe 100- 120 degrees??

Normal?

yeah that's normal.... cold drinks in the cup holders don't stay cold for long either.