TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC Northeast Regional Fall Tour - Oct 16th to 18th

Z-man

SAAC%20NE%20Regional_zpsetvd0wcu.jpg

Once again our friends from the Lehigh Valley Region of SAAC have invited us to join them for a weekend consisting of a day long Saturday drive through the PA countryside, then a Shelby car show the next day.

The event starts on Friday evening, October 16th, with a social hour (or a few hours), of visiting with fellow enthusiasts, and enjoying some lite snacks and ‘beverages’.

Saturday morning we all meet for breakfast, and a run-down of the day’s events, highlighted by a drive around the Bethlehem, PA area. There will be some stops along the way to stretch your legs, and maybe a special surprise as well (the tour organizers aren’t divulging all their secrets…that would spoil the fun). After the tour concludes, you are on your own for dinner, then invited to the America On Wheels Automotive Museum for an evening program and speakers.

You need to be up bright and early on Sunday, as the car show field opens at 8:00am. The show will be held at Macungie Memorial Park, which is just 5 miles away from the host hotel. Speaking of the host hotel, SAAC has arranged special rates (group code are the three letters “SAA”). A link to the hotel can be found here… http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/breinigsville/abelv/hoteldetail?groupCode=SAA. The room rate is good until September 16th.

I was invited to this event last year when it was in the Gettysburg area, and it was a great weekend. I answered many questions about my ‘new-gen’ Shelby and received many compliments on it. Likewise, I spent the weekend talking with the owners of, and admiring, the vintage Shelby’s that were there; including multiple real Cobra’s that the owners seem to drive everywhere.…just as Carrol would have wanted it!

So please see the attached info sheet for any specifics I left out, as well as the registration form. The registration sheet, and a check, need to be mailed to the address indicated on the form.

Hope to see you there!

ps - Do you recognize the lead car in the 'official' banner than is being used to promote the event? I had nothing to do with it ....I swear. :hide:

SAAC NE Registration Form.jpg

SAAC NE Regional 2.jpg

^ So are you signing up? You may need to commit to this one as I don't think you can register the day of the event.

Would be great to see you guys there. The whole "Z-family" will be attending!

Edited by Z-man

^ So are you signing up? You may need to commit to this one as I don't think you can register the day of the event.

Would be great to see you guys there. The whole "Z-family" will be attending!

I guess I'll have to.... but only for the tour and show. I don't have to use the hotel since it's less than 20 miles to our house!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some members of the Garden State Region Mustang Club want to go, Could you post a PDF of Car Show Classes. How much is day of show??

Day of show registration is $20.00, and the classes are in the attached file.

Hope you and all your friends can join us!

Z-man

Car Show Info.JPG

This will be our first Team Shelby event. Looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend!

Joe-

Are you doing the entire tour, or just the car show on Sunday? In either case, be sure to look me up and introduce yourself, if I don't see you first.

Z-man

Joe-

Are you doing the entire tour, or just the car show on Sunday? In either case, be sure to look me up and introduce yourself, if I don't see you first.

Z-man

If you see him first Joe Run.... run as fast as you can :rob_grabber:

That is of course unless you want to surround yourself with nice people....

Z-Man is a great person to know and his personality will pull you in........ now me on the other hand.... :drop:

Hopefully I'll meet you Sunday!

If you see him first Joe Run.... run as fast as you can :rob_grabber:

That is of course unless you want to surround yourself with nice people....

Z-Man is a great person to know and his personality will pull you in........ now me on the other hand.... :drop:

Hopefully I'll meet you Sunday!

Awww Doug, I love you too. :wub:

Took some photos, but upload them until we get back home. Put a couple from my phone up on the TSNE Facebook page.

Just got back from the museum. It was much nicer than expected. Their website does not do it justice.

Z-man

Had a great time today at the Car Show. :thumbsup: A lot of nice cars there. I am still frozen, the wind was the killer part.

While I was at the show, my wife and kids were only a few miles away at Dorney Park riding all the roller coasters. They basically had the place to themselves, but said at one point they saw snow flurries while they were walking from one ride to the next.

While I was at the show, my wife and kids were only a few miles away at Dorney Park riding all the roller coasters. They basically had the place to themselves, but said at one point they saw snow flurries while they were walking from one ride to the next.

:yup: we left right after trophy presentations and stopped at the local Applebee's it snowing when we sat down to order.... and I can't blame it on the beer since I was enjoying my first one....

Z-man,

We are here for the weekend. I think you parked next to me at the hotel. I will look you up in the morning.

Doug,

Look forward to meeting you Sunday!

Hopefully it isnt too cold.

Joe

good to meet you and your wife.... we'll meet again I'm sure!

Had a great time today at the Car Show. :thumbsup: A lot of nice cars there. I am still frozen, the wind was the killer part.

yeah that was a cold one for sure..... like I said a post up, we hit snow and rain on the way home....

It took a few more days than expected, but I finally got some photos uploaded. These are all "as shot" because I'm on the road this week and don't have any photo editing software with me.

Hope you enjoy....

WGC_8739_zps14dbhztv.jpg

WGC_8741_zps4bo9c4rp.jpg

WGC_8747_zpspj4kbwgb.jpg

WGC_8751_zps7yentwfh.jpg

WGC_8769_zpskivpjrfw.jpg

WGC_8778_zpsn7jdwxn2.jpg

WGC_8788_zpslv0t66dq.jpg

WGC_8790_zpspxwzssbw.jpg

WGC_8817_zps9wqi1aj4.jpg

WGC_8860_zpsqyddxpvc.jpg

WGC_8939_zpsvreafe8a.jpg