TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rocktoberfest 2015 - Oct. 3rd, Hatfield, Pa

Z-man

It’s that time of year again…..Rocktoberfest!

This year’s Rocktoberfest Car Show takes place on Saturday, October 3rd,, at John S. Clemens Memorial Park, 500 Fairgrounds Road, Hatfield, PA 19440.

Last year was the first show at this new location, but Roctoberfest is a perennial favorite for many Team Shelby Northeast members. Hatfield township hosts the show, and you can register with them by using the following link… http://www.hatfieldtownship.org/be-part-of-the-fun-at-the-16th-rocktoberfest. I have also attached a pdf of the show flyer, which gives additional information.

For the 2014 show, the weather didn’t cooperate (rainy and overcast in the morning, but it cleared by noon for a wonderful afternoon), which meant the amount of cars participating was lower than in prior years, but a few Team Shelby diehard’s braved the raindrops and represented us well. Additionally, being the first time at the new location meant we all had to learn the layout of the festivities. Hopefully the weather will be nicer this year, and we all know our way around the grounds at this point.

Because this is not an ‘official’ Team Shelby event, and you will be registering directly with Hatfield Township, we have no way to track which of us will be attending. If you plan on attending (and you can sign up the day of the event), and would like to respond to this post below, please do so.

Hope to see everyone there!

Z-man

rocktoberfest.jpg

Registration.jpg

Edited by Z-man

• 3 weeks later...

I'll try to make this one. Missed the last couple ! Was that you in your WRX I went by on rt 52 today in my Mach. ?

Would be great to see you there. Hope you can make it.

Wasn't in the WRX today, had the "M" out for a spin. If the weather is nice tomorrow, be looking for the Shelby!

Z-man

Not an 'official' TS event.....that doesn't mean TS won't be a big part of it (weather permitting). It just means we didn't need permission from the 'mother ship' and someone else is carrying any required insurance.

As far as teaming up with other groups for events, you will most likely see more of that in the future. In the Northeast region, TS and SAAC get along well. At the national level things get a little more complicated, but locally, we are encouraging cross-over of our events. I have placed Roctoberfest invitations on the SAAC website as well, and a few folks are interested in attending. I would encourage MCA, VFMC, NJ Stangers, SVOT, etc. to contact TS about joining forces for future events. Not all will be "officially" sponsored by TS, but does that really matter as long as we all have a good time and share our passion for the cars?

Z-man

In case you were wondering if the potentially 'less than perfect' weather that is being forecasted for Saturday will cause Rocktoberfest to be postponed or cancelled, the official comment from Hatfield is that this is a ran or shine event. In the very rare case that the show will not take place as scheduled, a notice will be posted on the Hatfield website (http://www.hatfieldtownship.org/be-part-of-the-fun-at-the-16th-rocktoberfest) by 5:00 am Saturday morning. If you have pre-registered, and included your contact information, Hatfield will attempt to get in touch with you directly if there are any change in plans.

....still hoping for sunny skies on Saturday.

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

Just received the official word.....due to the impending weather, Roctoberfest is CANCELLED. There was no mention of it being rescheduled.

On the bright side, the car is already clean for Roctoberfest 2016.

Sorry guys, was really looking forward to hanging out tomorrow. :(

Z-man

Thanks for the Update, good show coming up at Del Co Comm. Coll. Oct.18th. Put on by the Historical Car Club of Pa. Everything from Stanley steamers on up ! Fun to get there early and watch it all cruise in . Check their web site for the specifics & show classes.

Chris