TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT 1917 To Be Sold

ilmor

May be a shock to some, I know, but the time has come. I'm just looking for a change. I came to the Shelby GT from a background of small sports cars (RX-7, MGB, Fiat Spider, 911, ...) and I'm going to head back in that direction again. I really like the re-designed 2016 Miata. I test drove one this past weekend and it's a fun ride. It'll also be a better fit for overall family use. I'll keep the 5.0 for when I need a dose of muscle car. At some point in the near future I may be posting a classified ad for the Shelby.

Edit - Forget it. Changed my mind! :lol:

Why not just keep the SGT and turn it into a dedicated track car? :cool:

If I had the means to do so that would be a blast, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob- Its been awhile since I logged in to check on the latest happenings in Team Shelby World. I thought I was on the wrong site when I read that Ilmor was considering selling (and this time it wasn't April Fools Day)! Say it ain't so!!! :gaah:

I can see where you are coming from... There's only so much space in the garage (and family budget) for toys! I'm hanging onto my SGT, although I have to admit that I've probably driven it less than 100 miles this year!

Keep us posted on what you decide!

-yellow pony

Bob- Its been awhile since I logged in to check on the latest happenings in Team Shelby World. I thought I was on the wrong site when I read that Ilmor was considering selling (and this time it wasn't April Fools Day)! Say it ain't so!!! :gaah:

I can see where you are coming from... There's only so much space in the garage (and family budget) for toys! I'm hanging onto my SGT, although I have to admit that I've probably driven it less than 100 miles this year!

Keep us posted on what you decide!

-yellow pony

Hi George! I was wondering if you were still with us! Let's just say "it ain't sold yet". I think, however, me and the fam may have moved past the Miata idea, for now at least. Now we are actually considering a new Wrangler...which is ironic since I think I sold my previous Wrangler when I bought the SGT! We shall see. A Wrangler is certainly more useful in these northern climes.... In any event, the SGT would need to be sold first...

Sorry to hear your leaving us.

Is it too soon to ask if you have a copy of the Shelby GT book for sale?

Thanks and good luck!!

No, unfortunately that is something I didn't get...that and the guitar...

Well....

I just can't do it. After the other test drives I would get back into the Shelby GT and drive it home and always have the same conclusion - damn this car is nice and why would I get rid of it???

I did like the Miata, however, it just wouldn't replace the Shelby GT. I test drove a Wrangler today - NAH!

So, I'm keeping the Shelby!

:shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice. These cars are timeless. The new still hasn't worn off of me yet. I just don't see any cars out there I would consider trading the SGT for either. Plus, I've had car/truck payments all my life. It feels good to drive around in a car that is not sucking money out of my pocket anymore.

Archived