TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Eagle F1 Supercar G2: 285 Or 305 ?

lemarin

I'm looking at new rear tires as they worn out, the front ones are still great.

I want to buy the same Eagle F1 Supercar G2, to match the front OEM ones. Now, I'm wondering if 305 is too wide for my GT500 2011 with SVT PP ? It makes only about 2% of difference in diameter with OEM, but does 305 is too wide for the 20x10 OEM wheel ? Any rubbing expected ? Money is no object as there's only 20$ per tire of difference.

I'd like to have your opinion guys !

Thanks !

lemarin,

I'm running 305-30 MPSS on 20x10.5" rims at the rear on my lowered 2012 and the fit is fine. Absolutely no rubbing or any fitment issues.

Think you'll like the wider stance of the 305 in back.

Good luck with the mod.

Quinn

The OEM rim is 9.5 and too narrow for 305, if you follow manufacturers advice for rim width. Even 295's aren't supposed to be mounted on 9.5's but a lot of people do it . I've made a decision not to and my 295 MPSS are still laying in the garage floor as I hope to find a pair of OEM 2014 rears to widen someday.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2012GT500 with SVT Wheels. could I widen rims to 11" to accept 315's. would there be any clearance problems. I lowered car about 1.5" Thanks Bob

I can't answer your question with any degree of certainty given you are lowered 1.5". I will say this however, I put my 2014 on a lift to get a good look at the clearance and it looks to me like an OEM wheel could only be widened by 1" and still maintain adequate clearance. assuming you are leaving everything suspension wise stock. You might go 1.5" but if it's too close maybe shimming the wheel out with a 1/4" spacer would work. You might ask this question on fordgt500 dot com. There is a guy over there that goes by catmonkey who is a real wizard on what works and doesn't work with wheel/tire setups. Good luck!