TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why you will not see a Super Snake BOM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CW, not defending anyone here.

My feeling about this issue is this:

Whenever I'm going to spend this kind or money for something I want to know exactly what I'm getting for my hard earned money. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a BOM on the finished production version. That said I do realize that it might be too early to finalize that list due to the factors you have pointed out.

So I will wait until things have been tested , fitted and all the final decisions have been made and all the facts & figures are presented before I committ 1/2 the cost of the package ($15,000) . I would regret my decision if something important to me was either changed or ommited and I've already placed a deposit.

To me this is the prudent thing to do after all ,I have to be a good steward of my resourses.

Quite often the actual production version is different than the concept version which is why the order banks are not open until things are finalized and ready for production and everyone knows what it will look like and what's included.

+1! Putting down a deposit of this size without a guarantee of materials used is foolish IMO. Now, if the deposit is refundable, that would make more sense. May be why SAI is not calling the SS list until later this summer. Imagine plunking down 15 large expecting the CF hood that was specified in the initial release, only to see that get changed to fiberglass like it has now. I could see where someone in that scenario would be upset after putting up a large non-refundable deposit to see the value of the package reduced but not the price. In my case, I want the TVS S/C. I also want the SS package, but if the S/C changes to anything else, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Please show weight distribution and dyno results, then show test results on the road course and drag strip in stock SS form. l know testing of final products together before any results are made public, that will be a good day. The hood does have killer looks. Tires are too skinny, loose the hood pins or change style, leave the stock GT500 rear side window alone, it's functional. Wheels look great!

Edit: I posted in wrong spot, sorry.

guys, I havent read the whole thread, but before you pay for the car, you will get a BOM, I have already provide a list on this site of 95% of what is going in this car. Do a search. You will need to put a deposit down to hold your spot and when you get the call, you will know whatts in the package, There will be no partial packages sold.....

maybe I missed the idea on this, but I think bynow you guys know I tell you everything good or bad

Amy

guys, I havent read the whole thread, but before you pay for the car, you will get a BOM, I have already provide a list on this site of 95% of what is going in this car. Do a search. You will need to put a deposit down to hold your spot and when you get the call, you will know whatts in the package, There will be no partial packages sold.....

maybe I missed the idea on this, but I think bynow you guys know I tell you everything good or bad

Amy

Thanks for settling this issue. :happy feet: I'm sure you'll have to come back on here and clear up some more misconceptions before this package actually hits the street. I think you might have missed your calling, maybe should've been a firefighter. Sure are getting good at putting fires on this site! :hysterical2:

+1! Putting down a deposit of this size without a guarantee of materials used is foolish IMO. Now, if the deposit is refundable, that would make more sense. May be why SAI is not calling the SS list until later this summer. Imagine plunking down 15 large expecting the CF hood that was specified in the initial release, only to see that get changed to fiberglass like it has now. I could see where someone in that scenario would be upset after putting up a large non-refundable deposit to see the value of the package reduced but not the price. In my case, I want the TVS S/C. I also want the SS package, but if the S/C changes to anything else, that would be a deal breaker for me.

So I am to understand that the $15k deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE? Someone tell me it ain't true!

So I am to understand that the $15k deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE? Someone tell me it ain't true!

I don't know if the deposit is refundable or not, just thinking out loud. Same thing concerning the amount. I've seen posts stating the deposit is $6k and others say it's $15K, but according to AmyB, they haven't called anybody on the SS list and won't until they get thru the 40th Anni. list. So it's all conjecture at this point.

I guess this is the deal breaker for you 702.jpgsee the label on the top of the supercharger? It's not Eaton TVS it's the Ford/Roush it looks like.

702.jpg

I guess this is the deal breaker for you post-8254-1182170245_thumb.jpgsee the label on the top of the supercharger? It's not Eaton TVS it's the Ford/Roush it looks like.

If this is not the TVS, then I would like to know how they got a Whipple or a KB under the strut tower brace, much less the hood. It's definately not a Whipple, this blower has a pressed on pulley. Also, FRPP will carry the TVS (once released), so I imagine their sticker is going to slapped on it just like the Whipples they carry.

Isn't the new Roush /Ford SC in fact the new 2.3 TVS ? That is my understanding .

I thought the video of the Ford mechanic installing the Roush said it was engineered by Roush not Eaton? They are seperate one being Ford/Roush the other Eaton TVS2300?Or does Roush claim to have engineered the blower when in fact it was Eaton/Roush/Ford? :headscratch:

I thought the video of the Ford mechanic installing the Roush said it was engineered by Roush not Eaton? They are seperate one being Ford/Roush the other Eaton TVS2300?Or does Roush claim to have engineered the blower when in fact it was Eaton/Roush/Ford? :headscratch:

It's my understanding that all Roush blowers are Eatons. Roush just develops a tune for the particular application.

I don't know if the deposit is refundable or not, just thinking out loud. Same thing concerning the amount. I've seen posts stating the deposit is $6k and others say it's $15K, but according to AmyB, they haven't called anybody on the SS list and won't until they get thru the 40th Anni. list. So it's all conjecture at this point.

The deposit for the 40th Anniversary Package is $6000, even if power mods are added. The deposit for the SS is $15,000. Each is approximately 50% of the package price. SAI has not begun calling the SS list and will not until all 450 people on 40th list are called. My info is directly from SAI.

I would think the amount of the deposit is to weed out those that are not serious about actually buying. SAI has to schedule components with their parts vendors and needs to know how many real buyers they have. Again my opinion, but the deposit should be refundable since the SS is for MY 2007 and 2008 and not a single 2008 has been built yet. And as we all know from these boards you can't say you have a GT500 until it is actually in your garage. Some (not all) dealers have a way of changing terms once the cars arrive.

Maybe someone on the 40th list that has already payed their deposit can let us know if it is refundable.

Archived