TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let's Watch This 2007 Vista Convert............someone May Get A Great Deal!!

like 600hp isn't enough... lol.

600hp is fine, until you get the itch for more, then it costs more $$$.

I think it is more in the mindset that the factory (assy. line Ford) eclipsed that hp level in the S197's, so when 662 factory horsepower is compared to 605, 630 or 660 in a Super Snake, it does seem as "Super", especially when a 2011-2014 GT500 Super Snake Convert. can be ordered at the 800+ level. <<Even today, that is "Super" in the now completed/finished S197 world, no matter what hp the S550's have in the future.

R

Here is a beautiful 2007 Coupe, also at the entry level 6xxhp. This car could have been 700+ when it was built, but may have been ordered to retain the factory warranty? <<<Which is now long gone.............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Super-Snake-/111747613529?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

^^^Let's see where it goes. It is a nice looking car!!

R

if peak horsepower rating is how you measure a car's value, then that is an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it. i'm not sure everyone agrees with you. but that's your prerogative. the original GT350 only had around 300hp but are still considered the most iconic Shelby Mustang out there. Even the 289 Cobras are as sought after as the 427s. pretty sure history will regard today's cars in a similar manner at some point in the future and peak horsepower is only going to be one of many considerations buyers and collectors will consider. time will tell.

if peak horsepower rating is how you measure a car's value, then that is an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it. i'm not sure everyone agrees with you. but that's your prerogative. the original GT350 only had around 300hp but are still considered the most iconic Shelby Mustang out there. Even the 289 Cobras are as sought after as the 427s. pretty sure history will regard today's cars in a similar manner at some point in the future and peak horsepower is only going to be one of many considerations buyers and collectors will consider. time will tell.

In the classic Shelby world, I do agree with what you are saying, and I would bet that "if" there were also a 250hp (or even 275hp) GT350, the 306hp would be in more demand. I also agree that the 289 Cobra's command Very Nice $$$ and I have not compared selling prices of 289 Cobra's to 427 Cobra's...............I was under the impression that the more powerful 427 AC "usually" sold for more $$$, everything else being equal?

If we cross over to other brands................the 375 horse 396 "usually" sells for more $$$ that a 325 horse (or even 350), everything else being equal when comparing the cars (Chevelles, Novas, etc). Same with a 427, the 425 and 435 "usually" sells for more $$$ than a 390 and 400, everything else being equal.

We could even cross to the AMC's................a 390 AMX (and it's greater power) is "usually" more valuable than a 290 or 343 lesser powered 68-70 models.

Optional power has "usually" always brought larger $$$ at sale time........................and back to Ford, the 1971 429SCJ's Mach 1's command larger $$$ than the 429CJ's (only 5hp rating different 370 vs. 375) in most cases all things being equal when comparing the cars of the specific era.

I agree that in reality, an over abundance of power is not needed (<<<I agree with you), but when you get into the "car guy" circles and the bragging begins.............it all changes and the wallets open real wide for the "bigger/biggest stick" cars.

R

Edited by Robert M