TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amazing Video Of Tianjin Explosion

Larry T

It was reported that one of the chemicals stored at the facility was calcium chloride. It is stable unless heated. A fire broke out and most likely triggered a sprinkler system. Calcium chloride when heated and mixed with water forms acetylene......and then boom. Ammonia was also stored there along with potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate.

It was reported that one of the chemicals stored at the facility was calcium chloride. It is stable unless heated. A fire broke out and most likely triggered a sprinkler system. Calcium chloride when heated and mixed with water forms acetylene......and then boom. Ammonia was also stored there along with potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate.

You got it. A firefighters worst nightmare concoction of chemicals.

I don't know about you Harald, but for me, I'm kind of glad to some degree of being retired from that. Always wondering about those couple locations that you have in your district that can cause pretty spectacular explosions under certain situations. Most places with agriculture will have a farm chemical depot with some pretty nasty reactive stuff.

I don't know about you Harald, but for me, I'm kind of glad to some degree of being retired from that. Always wondering about those couple locations that you have in your district that can cause pretty spectacular explosions under certain situations. Most places with agriculture will have a farm chemical depot with some pretty nasty reactive stuff.

Yes, there are aspects that I miss and I was honored to have served my community. That said, at my position, I am glad it's not my watch any more.

Archived