TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seat Change

WVTrakPak

I have a 13 Grabber Blue Vert with Recaros and I bought it with white stripes. Well, I like the black stripes better and made the switch and love the change but the white stripes remain on the seats. I have been watching ebay now for 9 months waiting for seat covers for a vert to show up with black stripes and have not found any. I have not talked with my local shop that is very good about changing them out as it scares me to death. Anyone on here have any thoughts?

Those stripes Re actuAlly a sewn thin strip of material.so you have 2 options have the whitstripe stained black which shiuld simple. Or have a black material cut to strips and sewvthem over the. Of course you could just have the white strips uninstalled and have black. I have non recaro seats so my comments may be useless

Those stripes Re actuAlly a sewn thin strip of material.so you have 2 options have the whitstripe stained black which shiuld simple. Or have a black material cut to strips and sewvthem over the. Of course you could just have the white strips uninstalled and have black. I have non recaro seats so my comments may be useless

So, you think I could remove them and it would simply be black underneath??

Try contacting SA for any take-offs or Try Ebay, that way you have a set to switch them back if you prefer or go to sell the car.

I will do in the am with SA, did not think of that, I like having the extra set, but in all reality it would mean changing the outside too and I doubt that is in the cards.

Are convertible recaros different than coupe? I know the whereabouts of a set for recaros but do not know if for coupe or vert

The seats are different for sure. I think the main difference is the seat belt guides, but I am not sure.

Shelby sells "take off" seat skin sets on eBay. I check their eBay store daily. ( http://stores.ebay.com/shelbyauctions/_i.html?rt=nc&_pgn=1&_ipg=48 ) I have a '13 GT500 in Grabber Blue with black stripes and want the Grabber Blue striped seats. A month or so ago they actually listed a Ricaro set with the Grabber Blue stripes, but I have the standard seats. I do not recall if those actually sold. They do specify when the seats are for a Convertible, but heck if I know what the difference is. I live just a couple of miles from SA in Vegas, but still have to check the listings. Good luck on your quest. Beautiful Car!

Edited by 13GrabberBlueGT500

Thanks 13GrabberBlueGT500, I checked the auction site and did not find find any. I sent an email to Shelby American, so we will see.

I also looked closely at the stitching last night and it does not appear that the white is on top of anything. The surfaces were tight and level, so I don't think I can just pull off the white.

The difference in the fronts is the seat belt guide for a vert. The rears are completely different and narrower on the seat bottom and back. You need the correct style for your body.

I have also been watching for a set with white stripes in the base trim for a coupe.

Tom

Love your choice of color. The Grabber Blue with Black Stripes Rules.....

I think these are what you are looking for....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Mustang-Coupe-Black-Leather-Recaro-Interior-Cover-Kit-Original-Takeoffs-/191666776849

Wait... I got all excited before I realized these are for a coupe, not a convertible. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got off the fence and jumped on the seat leather swap on my 2013 GT500. (with 5,000 miles) I had always been disappointed in the plain black seats. They are very nice quality, but the embossed snake just doesn't "pop". In fact it is very hard to even see. I bought this Katzkin upgrade in "Bone and Black" from Shelby American via eBay. I was going to install them myself. There is a detailed video on YouTube showing how to do it. But.... I also wanted the door panels to match so I contacted Katzkin, who referred me to their factory auth installer here in Vegas. After discussing door panel change, he offered me a fair deal to install everything. I could not be happier with the new look. Yes, I know my car is not a Super Snake, and the seats have the SS emblem, but.... the price was right! Heck, 98.3% of people out there don't know the difference. (Did you know that 87.4% of all statistics are made up "on the spot"?) I easily sold my old leather to cover the price of door panels and installation.

shelbyseat1.jpgShelbySeats.jpgShelbyDoor.jpgShelbyBackSeat.jpg