TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 And R Pricing Is Official

JeffJ

While this pricing isn't really new news, it is finally official. Pretty amazing that the most you can spend on a GT350R (before ADM of course) is $66,860. That is a pretty amazing value for an amazing car. GT350 base is $48K where the Z/28 is $73K....hmmmmm....... :)

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-gt350r-pricing-is-official/

thats still not "affordable" for a working class family, in my opinion. but thats a different discussion altogether. excluding the crummy base models, i think modern-day american muscle/sports cars are out of reach of the average enthusiast.

Agree, that is why I will always search for like new garage queens from speculators. I paid basically half off MSRP for my 08KR with delivery miles. The owner was tired of looking at it in his garage. I bet in two or so years there will be some GT350's out there in the $40k range. Patience usually pays off verses impulse buying.

thats still not "affordable" for a working class family, in my opinion. but thats a different discussion altogether. excluding the crummy base models, i think modern-day american muscle/sports cars are out of reach of the average enthusiast.

A highly-rated Fiesta ST is only $21k. :shrug:

I bought my first Shelby in December of 09. It was an 08 GT500 with under 3k miles and 5k in additional parts for under 35k.

When I am ready to get back into the GT350 in a few years, I hope to get another great deal.

Ford will fulfill demand and not limit it. Don't have to. Why limit it for the collectors to waste them away in a garage. The special production Mustangs are actually a small percentage of Mustangs built.

Ford stated they will build GT350 in "GT500 like numbers" and GT350R in "Boss302LS -like numbers"

• 1 month later...

Very true at this rate the American performance car will canibalize itself once all the retirees and trust fund babies die off. I have loved mustangs since I was 3 and am loyal to the red white and blue oval but if you aren't driven to own these cars they just aren't fiscally viable you pay 2-3 times what you would for a (non exotic) import which comes loaded while we get additionally nickle and dimed for every "option" or customization even matching mirrors or "interior upgrade package" ect ect meanwhile the other folks my age can get an Evo or wrx or bmw and get sponsors to pay for them building their cars.

That's for the first year of production only.

Yes and no. Originally at introduction the GT350 was a 2016MY car. Then they decided to slip in the limited number of 2015MY cars. So they are trying to make collector garage queens out of the 2015 cars, but there is no practical limit on the 2016+. They will build all they can sell. And they are not limiting the GT350R, they only have stated the number to put it in relative numbers. They know from the GT500 and Boss302LS how many they can EXPECT to sell

Archived