TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Man...these Things Are Fast!!!!

blk12svt

I probably haven't been much over 100 miles an hour in a car since 1971 when at 17 years old I think I hit around 140 mph in my BOSS 302 on old Polyglas tires...yikes!! it's a wonder I survived that. However, I recently took the 14 on a ride and passed a slower car running about 60 on a two lane. I didn't want to waste time getting around the car so I got into it pretty good, maybe 3/4 throttle, and was VERY surprised when I looked down at the speedo and was running 130 mph. I would have guessed maybe 100. My throttle has never seen the floorboard yet as I've been real cautious with the car so far, since I am still running the crappy Goodyears, but it's just amazing the power these beasts have. Has anyone had any similar surprises?

Getting on an on ramp early in the morning going to an event with no traffic in front,just a little over zealous with the light switch (flipped it on rather than rolling it on) at 45 mph, shifted into 3rd and the thing just jumped sideways about 1 feet at 75 mph. Before I could catch my composure, glanced down and the speedo said 125 mph at 6,000 RPM. Whey! What a rush. This Beast harnesses Sacred Power on tap. Now, I know. ('14 SVT Shelby GT-500 PP /TP on Bridgestone P265 35 ZR 20s front/P305 30 ZR 20s in rear.)