TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Oil Flush!?!?

Gaspassing

Quick question. I have. 2013 Gt500 With Track+performance pack. The dealer did an unauthorized Engine Oil flush with a machine at the dealership during my 15000 mile service. My question is this:

Should I have the. Change the oil again as I am worried that the oil cooler contains 1 qt of flush fluid. I assume they cannot extract this with the machine they used. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as the dealer seems nonplussed about this issue.

Quick question. I have. 2013 Gt500 With Track+performance pack. The dealer did an unauthorized Engine Oil flush with a machine at the dealership during my 15000 mile service. My question is this:

Should I have the. Change the oil again as I am worried that the oil cooler contains 1 qt of flush fluid. I assume they cannot extract this with the machine they used. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as the dealer seems nonplussed about this issue.

Did they explain how they did this flush. A clean oil flush should have been done before the final oil & filter change I would think.

Did they explain how they did this flush. A clean oil flush should have been done before the final oil & filter change I would think.

What they told me is that a line is attached to filler and another to the drain plug. The machine pulsates and under pressure heated "petroleum distillates" are forced through and then extracted through the drain. At this point the filter and new oil is added. My concern is the track pack has a static quart of oil left after an oil change. Am I correct to assume they are unable to drain what is basically a solvent used to break down "sludge"? From what I can ascertain from the manufacturers website (flush machine) typically 1/2 quart of this stuff stays behind in the extraction process. Does my 9.5qt oil capacity now have 1.5 quarts of distillate mixed with the engine oil? to me this seems to be a bad idea. Thanks for any help.

With only 15,000 miles & the new Syn. oils & fuel that we use today why would the engine need a flush to start with?

Cars didn't need undercoating either, but that didn't prevent dealers from putting it on and charging for it. Now there is some magic floobie dust wax treatment that they wanted to charge me $500 for when we bought our CRV. Didn't buy that either.

We used to flush our tractors and other farm equipment every few years. Drain the oil with the engine hot, replace filter, put in a 1/2-1/2 mix of oil and diesel fuel and run it for about 5 minutes, drain again, new filter and oil and good to go.

That BS! I certainly wouldn't go back to that rip-off artist. I would go get the oil changed again with your favorite oil and replace the filter.

In your description, if you mean they connected to the filter, then it makes sense how it could potentially help a dirty motor. However, with your mileage your motor is new inside. Now, if they dumped it in the filler, which is the word you stated, then the whole concept doesn't make sense.

Tom

That BS! I certainly wouldn't go back to that rip-off artist. I would go get the oil changed again with your favorite oil and replace the filter.

In your description, if you mean they connected to the filter, then it makes sense how it could potentially help a dirty motor. However, with your mileage your motor is new inside. Now, if they dumped it in the filler, which is the word you stated, then the whole concept doesn't make sense.

Tom

They connected the inflow to the oil filter. Then flushed through the drain plug. The solvent is heavier than the oil so it will sit in the engine oil cooler essentially making my mixture 1 qt solvent to 8.5 qts oil. I didn't ask for such a stupid service. I'm working with the dealer to agree to change the oil. BTW if the flush causes engine damage Ford will not warranty the work as it was not a recommended service. From now on I have to take the car another 15 miles to a different stealership.

Man that sucks. It may be worth the time and money to get legal advice in how to put the dealer on notice that if there's engine issues they're on the hook and. They need to keep changing the oil till the solvent thinned out yourcstasfsction. I know there are places that analyze oil for you. Might be a good idea just to document what they did to your engine oil system and let dealership know as well.

They connected the inflow to the oil filter. Then flushed through the drain plug. The solvent is heavier than the oil so it will sit in the engine oil cooler essentially making my mixture 1 qt solvent to 8.5 qts oil. I didn't ask for such a stupid service. I'm working with the dealer to agree to change the oil. BTW if the flush causes engine damage Ford will not warranty the work as it was not a recommended service. From now on I have to take the car another 15 miles to a different stealership.

With a quart of solvent in the cooler & driving the car will probably change the oil viscosity , not a good thing .

I am sure your engine had no "sludge". Have them change the oil & filter on their dime and have them provide something (receipt/work invoice) that this is corrective measure (no charge service) "for the un-authorized oil flush service" for your record just in case. Most likely you will have no repercussions from this.

http://www.royalpurpleindustrial.com/products/royal-flush/

Out of curiosity I was wondering the viscosity of the flush looking at the chart in above link the flush has very high viscosity so it may raise your oil depending on mix they use

Not a chem eng and dont know if tysts a bad thing or not but in essence itd be thinning out your oil which can't be good as I said above I'd get a analysis of your current mix and go from there.

http://www.royalpurpleindustrial.com/products/royal-flush/

Out of curiosity I was wondering the viscosity of the flush looking at the chart in above link the flush has very high viscosity so it may raise your oil depending on mix they use

Not a chem eng and dont know if tysts a bad thing or not but in essence itd be thinning out your oil which can't be good as I said above I'd get a analysis of your current mix and go from there.

The dealer changed the oil today. After several weeks of trying to contact Ford for guidance (they deferred to the dealer), and calling several local dealers the consensus was to change the oil again. The dealer ate the cost of an oil change.

Question is can anyone recommend a company for oil analysis. TIA

And thanks for all the support.

Did a search on this forum there were couple postscsbout a company called Blackstone. If you do a search here use oil analysis as search terms.good luck and let us know findings

Guess you'd want to tell them the background so they have a heads up about your concerns

I have had oil analysis done by Blackstone for over 20 years on my cars,trucks & airplane and been very happy w/their work and reasonable charges. They even provide neat shipping containers.

Blackstone Laboratories 416 E Pettit Ave Fort Wayne In 46806

Some oil flush machine dealer sold them a machine after a presentation that probably showed photos of sludge out of an unknown junkyard 200,000 mile engine that had used 30w oil without a change in ten years! Now they are trying to recoup the overpriced hype investment by using it on every vehicle. Synthetic in, synthetic out . New Filter with fresh synthetic = no need for a sludge flush.