TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More Events?

sd550hp

Since joining Team Shelby this year, I have been to the 2015 Vegas Bash and just got back from the Mini-Nats at Sonoma. I went to play on the track and had a blast. I'm very much the rookie, but while I don't pass everyone, everyone doesn't pass me. Oh, yeah, it's not about "passing".

I have looked over the calendar for more events and not that much there. While at Sonoma and talking with other drivers, they all know of different events. I am wondering what other events Team Shelby members normally attend. I will find a car club here in Arizona so I can get some time at one of our tracks, but I really like going to events that this club attends and with a strong Shelby showing. So any events that a rookie should know about?

track time

Since you're on the west coast - the Monterey Reunion next weekend will be one to attend - feature marque is the GT350 and there will be lots of things to see that are all Shelby. After that, I'd highly recommend the NORCAL SAAC open track event @ Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California on the day (Friday) after Thanksgiving also known as "Turkey Bowl". This year will sell out for sure since it's going to allow a 105db sound limit from what I hear. The raceway is one of the best in the world and has lots of history yet it's future is now being questioned as to what is going to happen to the property.

Next weekend is too soon for a turn around but the Turkey Bowel sounds just right. Is that an annual event?

It has been in the past but who knows about the future - it is definitely worth going to even coming from out of state and the weather has always been ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

Since joining Team Shelby this year, I have been to the 2015 Vegas Bash and just got back from the Mini-Nats at Sonoma. I went to play on the track and had a blast. I'm very much the rookie, but while I don't pass everyone, everyone doesn't pass me. Oh, yeah, it's not about "passing".

I have looked over the calendar for more events and not that much there. While at Sonoma and talking with other drivers, they all know of different events. I am wondering what other events Team Shelby members normally attend. I will find a car club here in Arizona so I can get some time at one of our tracks, but I really like going to events that this club attends and with a strong Shelby showing. So any events that a rookie should know about?

Shoot me a PM with your contact info. Putting an event together @ Arizona Motorsport Park (Litchfield Park, AZ) in Mid-Nov and I can get you a discount. They do have a 94db limit, so if you have aftermarket exhaust, it may be an issue. Other than that, it's a fantastic track in great condition. All skill levels welcome.

Edited by barspen

The Turkey BOWL will be on the list. I was checking the NORCAL SAAC website for more information. Looks like my last track day finished off the Goodyear's. So some new skins are in order.

FYI - the NORCAL SAAC website has just opened up the registration for the Laguna Seca "Turkey Bowl" event! Sign up early because this one day event will fill up fast due to the unusual acceptance of a 105db sound level.

I just signed up in Blue group.

Edited by Albino500

FYI - the NORCAL SAAC website has just opened up the registration for the Laguna Seca "Turkey Bowl" event! Sign up early because this one day event will fill up fast due to the unusual acceptance of a 105db sound level.

I just signed up in Blue group.

On TS calendar with a note to go to NORCAL SAAC website

Edited by H0050

Yeah, you West Coasters get all the good Shows. When will TS & SAAC come to Road Atlanta or the Barbers in Birmingham?

When someone takes the initiative to start organizing events .... if you build it , they will come......