TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 North American Track Tour

I would like to but never got an invitation. I did receive acknowledge of ownership from Ford in the form of a letter for my 2007,2010,2011,2012 and 2014 Mustangs requiring an airbag replacement as part of the recall. I also just recently bought a 2015 LE for my wife. You'd think I would have received an invite. Maybe they don't think I'm a worthy buyer. Fine ! Maybe I'll just buy a new Camaro !

I would like to but never got an invitation. I did receive acknowledge of ownership from Ford in the form of a letter for my 2007,2010,2011,2012 and 2014 Mustangs requiring an airbag replacement as part of the recall. I also just recently bought a 2015 LE for my wife. You'd think I would have received an invite. Maybe they don't think I'm a worthy buyer. Fine ! Maybe I'll just buy a new Camaro !

I think they sent invitations to 13-14 GT500 and 12-13 Boss 302 owners. There are rumors they sent to dealers also.

I think they sent invitations to 13-14 GT500 and 12-13 Boss 302 owners. There are rumors they sent to dealers also.

Darn, that's probably why I didn't get one. My 2007 is just a Saleen Parnelli Jones, my 2011 is just a GT500, my 2012 is just a Shelby GT350, and my 2014 is just a Saleen #001 George Follmer edition prototype. I can see why I wouldn't qualify !

• 4 weeks later...

I will be going to Road America on September 9th. I was on the waitlist. I contacted their support team on Monday and told them I had a 350 on order. They called my dealer to confirm and then fit me into the dealer group on Wednesday afternoon. I'm so pumped to see and drive this car!!

I will be going to Road America on September 9th. I was on the waitlist. I contacted their support team on Monday and told them I had a 350 on order. They called my dealer to confirm and then fit me into the dealer group on Wednesday afternoon. I'm so pumped to see and drive this car!!

Cool! I'm pretty pumped too. Hopefully the weather is good. Where are you staying? We are driving up from Ohio on Tuesday.

Attended the GT350 NATT today at Road America. Got to drive the GT350R 3 laps with no restrictions except "don't get in over your ability". Also did a ride along lap with one of the instructors from the Miller Boss Track Attack Program. What an awesome car! Pics will follow.

Got recall on my 2005 Ford GT and no invite. My boss is used so that didn't cut it.

Oh yeah just ordered a 2016 Shelby GT 350 non R 9/4/2015. Great reviews from LS from all the press.

Will call Ford performance and see what about Sebring.

Got word today they are pulling orders and ramping up production with late oct delivery. Can't wait.

Attended the GT350 NATT today at Road America. Got to drive the GT350R 3 laps with no restrictions except "don't get in over your ability". Also did a ride along lap with one of the instructors from the Miller Boss Track Attack Program. What an awesome car! Pics will follow.

They had a black one there did you get any pictures of that car ? Thanks. Mike

Tell us more about your experience. Please.

I got a email today and they are trying to get me in the Sebring event oct 12 pm. Since I ordered a GT 350 on 9/4/15. Ford really is a performance company that is customer driven.

They had a black one there did you get any pictures of that car ? Thanks. Mike

Tell us more about your experience. Please.

I got a email today and they are trying to get me in the Sebring event oct 12 pm. Since I ordered a GT 350 on 9/4/15. Ford really is a performance company that is customer driven.

Yes I got photos of a black one. They had about 18 preproduction cars there. When I get back home I will download pics. Yes sign up for the event you will not regret going except you will want your car sooner.

I was able to drive the RedR and got the hot lap ride along in the Yellow track pack car. It was a very cool experience. I'll try to post a few pics myself. The black car on display had oil separators on both sides but the Red R on display didn't, so I'm thinkink that this is something they were experimenting with and will not be on the production cars.

Dave

You guys are lucky .... How long did the event last . Are there like class room sessions also ? Not sure about the format.

Thanks ....and can't wait to see your shots and your views on the car.

Iashelbygt Any word on when you will get your Shelby GT350 the Orange one ? Where are you on the order process ?

Nice pictures and I bet you had a blast. Since you own a boss are the recaro seats any tighter in the GT 350's ? Is there a way the exhaust can be set to wide open in the sport drving mode ?

Thanks again for the pictures.

Nice pictures and I bet you had a blast. Since you own a boss are the recaro seats any tighter in the GT 350's ? Is there a way the exhaust can be set to wide open in the sport drving mode ?

Thanks again for the pictures.

Mach 1,

Yes the Recaro seats in the GT350 are much better. Yes there is a mode toggle button to Open the exhaust. If you listen to the video above the exhaust is set to the sport mode.

I attended the Laguna Seca event 8/28.

The event was amazing as were the cars.

Now just need to find a dealer who will sell without ADM.

The one bit of info that was promising ( direct from the mouth of one of the Ford reps ) was that the 350 will continue to be built for at least another model year if not longer.

I attended the Laguna Seca event 8/28.

The event was amazing as were the cars.

Now just need to find a dealer who will sell without ADM.

The one bit of info that was promising ( direct from the mouth of one of the Ford reps ) was that the 350 will continue to be built for at least another model year if not longer.

Yes, that's what we we told also. At least a two year run.

Archived