TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American & Team Shelby At Saac-40 (Aug, 20Th To 22Nd)

Z-man

This year the national SAAC convention is taking place at Pocono Raceway. It’s only a few weeks away, starting on Thursday, August 20th and going through Saturday the 22nd. SAAC has extended their ‘member’ registration pricing to all Team Shelby folks as well. However, if you want to participate in the open track portion of the event (both the road course and the tri-oval will be used), you will need to sign-up for SAAC membership due to insurance reasons.

If you don’t want to track your car, there is a Poker Run on Thursday, parade laps, social events, and a car show in Saturday, as well watching the other cars on track. There is an Indy Car race on Sunday, but a separate ticket (purchased directly from Pocono) will be required for that race. SAAC has set up the event registration as ala-carte, so you can pick and choose which portions you want to participate in, and only have to pay for what you select.

We were just informed last week that Shelby American will be attending the event, and will bringing one of their cars to show at Pocono. TSNE will be joining with them, and invites you to participate as well. Please respond to this post letting us know that you will be attending, and we will post any additional information here to keep you up to date on the festivities.

Pre-registration has closed, but you can still attend and register when you arrive. If you intend to participate in the open track events, I suggest you send an e-mail to SAAC to inquire as to availability. For more info and to contact SAAC, here is a link to the event…

http://www.saac.com/?page_id=1188

Hope to see you there!

Z-man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw quite a few TS labeled cards at the track and met a few. I got a fun ride in Pat's 2012 GT350 blue convertible that he has upgraded to 831q rwhp (I saw the dyno sheet).

Because of the size of venue, it was hard to check out all the cars and winch ones may have been TS members if the car was not labeled.

Fun days of cars on display, on the track, emotional dinner speech by Pete Brock, a good number of vendors and watching the Indy cars (missiles) practice on Saturday at 220 mph plus and being to walk around there garages.