TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Not Too Late.....mini Nats 30 / 2015 Team Shelby Nationals

MMcGuirk

Ok, here is where we are...

Over 270 cars registered

150+ cars tracking in 4 run groups for 3 days

200 people signed up for the Friday afternoon BBQ

70+ cars signed up for drag racing Friday afternoon - including the world's quickest 66 Shelby GT350 and a Dragon Snake!

Vintage track exhibition Saturday afternoon paced by the Dick Smith Cobra(Google it!)

Friday car show judged by the celebrity guest panel, very special Mini Nats 30 award plaques

Peter Brock, Allen Grant, Chuck Cantwell, Ted Sutton, Jim Marietta, Jerry Schwarz, Bernie Krezschmar, Michael Sangster(Google them!) all members of the original 1965 Shelby GT350R engineering and development team

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R on display

Vendor displays from Shelby, Carroll Shelby Store, Hillbank Motorsports, Cortex Racing, Mike Maier Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Denbeste Motorsports

Evan Smith and the 2015 Shelby Super Snake on the road course and drag strip for a major national magazine article

Shelby American - Vince LaViolette, Gary Schechner, Tracey Smith, Jenni Shreeves, Sam Trout, Aaron Shelby - ride alongs in a 2015 Shelby GT

Very special Saturday night banquet with an in depth panel discussion on the original GT350R development

This is all brought to you by Team Shelby and the NORCAL Shelby Club......

It is not to late to participate or at the very least come and spectate

got to http://www.norcal-saac.org for schedule and registration info

Edited by MMcGuirk

There's no "Mini" about these Nats! I can't believe all this will fit inside the facility.

Good thing they got a test run hosting the big NASCAR race! :-)

Thats a good one D-dub...test run with Nascar...lol

There's no "Mini" about these Nats! I can't believe all this will fit inside the facility.

Good thing they got a test run hosting the big NASCAR race! :-)

The open track sessions are more entertaining than a NASCAR race........

Michael, there was a question over on BMO about parking non event cars in the paddock (to sit in for A/C) vs outside the paddock.

Doug I answered that ? this morning.... we will park all the entrants and tow rigs first and there will be abundant parking by the Audi pavilion

The excitement is climbing ! I see some good old fashion challenging going on the Mike Maier Inc. and CorteX Racing facebook pages! Starting to pack and pick out what tire sets to take myself. The NASCAR configuration should be a blast on Friday. Gotta remember to bring lots of water! See you there on Thursday.

I recorded the recent NASCAR Race (Savemart 350?) at the track and I've been watching it for driving line ideas on the back side of the "new" course for us.

Who will be the first to go 2 wheels in the air coming around Turn 7A ?

I recorded the recent NASCAR Race (Savemart 350?) at the track and I've been watching it for driving line ideas on the back side of the "new" course for us.

Who will be the first to go 2 wheels in the air coming around Turn 7A ?

Kevin Patten! and maybe Tom Dankel......

The more important question is who will get the first stripe down the left side from the wall after turn 4 going onto the bypass over to turn 7. If you turn in too early and catch the exit berm at 4 then you can get caught up on the berm and roll over it with the 2 left side tires, then you have a hard press time to get back over before the wall because it comes out right next to the track surface - makes for a good pucker factor for sure. Getting 2 wheels up in 7 ? - I don't know but I can get the front inside tire up (been there).

The more important question is who will get the first stripe down the left side from the wall after turn 4 going onto the bypass over to turn 7. If you turn in too early and catch the exit berm at 4 then you can get caught up on the berm and roll over it with the 2 left side tires, then you have a hard press time to get back over before the wall because it comes out right next to the track surface - makes for a good pucker factor for sure. Getting 2 wheels up in 7 ? - I don't know but I can get the front inside tire up (been there).

I am following you Kimosabe.....

Well, now it is too late but, as of the previous question was asked - does it count if I put 2 wheels up in the air around turn 4 instead of turn 7? The answer is yes and yes I did just that for my Team Shelby members. I'm waiting for the disc to be sent from "Head On Photos" or you can go to the website and check out the blue group pictures (car 57 - photo 141a) from the weekend. Enjoy!