TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Club of Indianapolis

69deluxe

This show is getting close (June 30 & July 1) and I was wondering who may come. It's a two day event and the second day consists of a lap around the Indy 500 track (speed limited to <30 MPH). Also, you can get your photo taken as you cross the yard of bricks (finish line). Last year we had 239 cars in the show of which 140 participated in the track lap. By the time the last cars were entering the track, the first cars were waiting to exit-- we completely encircled the track! What a sight for mustang fans! This year's feature cars are 1967 and 2007.

Check here for more information-- www.indymustangclub.com

This show is getting close (June 30 & July 1) and I was wondering who may come. It's a two day event and the second day consists of a lap around the Indy 500 track (speed limited to <30 MPH). Also, you can get your photo taken as you cross the yard of bricks (finish line). Last year we had 239 cars in the show of which 140 participated in the track lap. By the time the last cars were entering the track, the first cars were waiting to exit-- we completely encircled the track! What a sight for mustang fans! This year's feature cars are 1967 and 2007.

We may come as we hope to have our car by then. I think we saw you at the spring fling in Nashville.

Stent

I am going to be on call that weekend and cannot come. Too bad. I did that when my Mustang GT was new (in 1993). We were allowed to go up to about 60 then. Even that was really slow.

I won't have my by then anyway. Maybe I'll hit next years.

Thanks for posting this. I missed my on track photo op during the month of May. I will more than likely make it for the Sunday event, Saturday is questionable.

I'm supposed to be off on vacationthat day and am trying to see if the wife will let me push it out a day to do the Sat stuff. It's looking like I will miss it too but I did make it to the last meeting and met a bunch of people. Saw the nice new parnelli jones mustang there too - was a good group.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share some photos of this event. Tons of nice cars here from 1964-2007 mustangs, fairlanes, falcons, cougars, and trucks. Todays we lined up at 8AM to go around the track. This year it was at 30MPH (not 5MPH like last year :banghead: )!

An astute observer will see that the white Shelby has too much spacing between the stripes. He had his stripes painted on. IMO, if he spent more than $100, then he got ripped off! In addition to the spacing being incorrect, there were runs in the stripes and the edges were knarly from when they removed their tape.

The 07 Shelbys were in participant's choice class. I received second place. Conrats to mcshelby who got 1st place! :happy feet:

All in all, a great show with over 200 cars and perfect weather.

Archived