TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Sgt Owner

StangJunkie01

Is there any history that I should be aware of. Any issues that you guys are commonly having?

Do you mean the problem with the 2nd and 3rd gear syncros, or the fading stripes, or the galvanic corrosion with the stainless steel screws in the aluminum hood, or the warped hood scoops... I think you get my drift.

Instead of going through everything and I don't want to sound mean but I would spend some time just looking through some of the topics. These cars are now 8 years old and almost every topic has been touched on at one point or another. Again no offense to you but when someone new buys one of these cars they ask almost the same question and for those of us who have been on here since day one it becomes a "Groundhog Day" sort of event.

Do you mean the problem with the 2nd and 3rd gear syncros, or the fading stripes, or the galvanic corrosion with the stainless steel screws in the aluminum hood, or the warped hood scoops... I think you get my drift.

Instead of going through everything and I don't want to sound mean but I would spend some time just looking through some of the topics. These cars are now 8 years old and almost every topic has been touched on at one point or another. Again no offense to you but when someone new buys one of these cars they ask almost the same question and for those of us who have been on here since day one it becomes a "Groundhog Day" sort of event.

Like Doug said, nearly everything that can be said about the cars has already been touched on in one topic or another. New people on any forum should remember the motto "Search can be your friend". Or just go to the Shelby GT subforum and start going down the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Dual threads is not helpful to you. I have some questions for you, about your mods, and I do not know where to post them. Can you petition the Admins to merge these two threads?

Just a suggestion, and welcome to the site. As others have stated, almost every nut and bolt on this car has been discussed, can you be more specific about what you want to know?

Y'all be safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately Mods can not merge threads.

You are right that pretty much EVERYTHING has been discussed at one time or another and documented here. If you don't search first you're wasting your and everyone else's time...not to mention missing out on what might be the right solution.

Archived