TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Daily Driver??

IMG_20150816_121652564_zps4j7jywji.jpg

Wow, stunning car JD.

Congrats!

I'd be lying if I said I'm not cringing at the though of that beauty as a daily.

I know what Mr. Shelby always said but jeeezz................... :fear:

Edited by SSSNAKE

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've put 400 miles on her now and love every inch of each mile!!! If I had a complaint (and I'm NOT complaining) I would like a more aggressive sound from the Borla's. Anyone have any ideas on better (and don't know if better is the word) sound? Yes I mean aggressive noise. Borla has a different muffler option available, ATAK® part # 11825 which is a direct change-out of the Borla mufflers on the car now. Anyone have these and care to comment?

Thanks

Jdallen, do you know if it's the Borla Touring or Borla Stingers installed? When I had my SS built, I upped to the stingers as the touring was not very aggressive. I like the stingers but you might be looking for even more aggressive. Haven't heard the ATAKs you reference.

Jdallen, do you know if it's the Borla Touring or Borla Stingers installed? When I had my SS built, I upped to the stingers as the touring was not very aggressive. I like the stingers but you might be looking for even more aggressive. Haven't heard the ATAKs you reference.

I found the paper work from the original install by Shelby. It was the Touring kit installed (Borla part #140222). I called Borla and was told that the Atak part # 11825 is what is available now and is much more aggressive sound than the Touring. They didn't mention the "Stinger" and that doesn't come up in their online catalog, just the Atak. I'm going to give the Atak a try.

JD,

Congrats on the beautiful ride!

The Borla Touring was standard on the 40th package and I agree they are too quiet. I would strongly recommend staying away from the Atak as they are darn near just wide open exhaust. To me they sound like cheap glass packs. If you stay with Borla, get the Stinger. I put on a pair of KR mufflers and they sound great. The only thing I don't like is their plain tips compared to the Borla tips.

Keep us posted

Edited by Ford Fest

Congrats JD!! Beautiful car!

Your car is identical to Stan's, but a vert.

We'd love to have you back in the Shelby Breakfast Club, so please give it some thought!

Take care

Barry

Thanks Barry. I tried to login into to the Breakfast Club site but am being blocked yet if I try to register it says I already exist??? Can't seem to get anywhere with the site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jim,

There have been winters here that I have been able to drive my convertibles most of the season. We will have many days of 50 t0 60 degrees and our snow doesn't last long. The biggest problem is the gravel on the road after a storm that ices up the roads. The pea gravel raises heck with paint. My '11 GT500 daily driver was stock and I drove the heck out of it in winter. I'm sure I'll be more particular with this rare of a 427/Supersnake car.

John