TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Daily Driver??

It's been awhile since I had a daily driver Shelby and I've got the itch for one again. Last one was a 2011 GT 500 but I really think I'd like a Super Snake. Has anyone here drove a Super Snake (or know someone) as a daily driver. I'm not worried about fuel economy, but are they set up for rigors of city traffic? I'm talking '07 thru --12s

Nice car and good price @ 60K. Be interesting to see what it brings at auction. As for me, I must have a convertible.

Thanks!!

Nice car and good price @ 60K. Be interesting to see what it brings at auction. As for me, I must have a convertible.

Thanks!!

Are you looing for a 2007-2010 when the HP was/is limited to the entry level? or a 2011-up when all HP options were available for the Super Snake converts.?

Originally the entry level was 605, then it went to 630 and now I believe it is 660 for a 2007-2010 convert. 2011-up can go all the way to 800 or 850 as an option.

R

Are you looing for a 2007-2010 when the HP was/is limited to the entry level? or a 2011-up when all HP options were available for the Super Snake converts.?

Originally the entry level was 605, then it went to 630 and now I believe it is 660 for a 2007-2010 convert. 2011-up can go all the way to 800 or 850 as an option.

R

I'm not as interested in power as I am in a clean low miles well cared for car. There are currently 2 Vert SS on EBay which I have talked with both owners. I'm no hurry and when the rite car comes around, the deal will be made. How do I know what the rite car is?...........well I guess I won't know till it shows up. ;)

Edited by jdaallen

I'm not as interested in power as I am in a clean low miles well cared for car. There are currently 2 Vert SS on EBay which I have talked with both owners. I'm no hurry and when the rite car comes around, the deal will be made. How do I know what the rite car is?...........well I guess I won't know till it shows up. ;)

The Silver one and the Red 630 horse 427?

R

It's been awhile since I had a daily driver Shelby and I've got the itch for one again. Last one was a 2011 GT 500 but I really think I'd like a Super Snake. Has anyone here drove a Super Snake (or know someone) as a daily driver. I'm not worried about fuel economy, but are they set up for rigors of city traffic? I'm talking '07 thru --12s

There was a guy here on Team Shelby from Colorado Springs, CO that had a 2012 upfitted to a Super Snake and drove it daily...Rain, sleet or snow, it didn't matter.

I can't remember his screen name but I'm thinking it was "Blackout". His real name is MK (Mike) Suckach if you want to search him out. He's still here in The Springs as far as I know but did sell his Super Snake after having wayyyy too many problems with the build parts falling off and/or breaking.

None of it due to him driving the car in bad weather but from a really poor quality of the build (and some other issues with hidden damage apparently done at/by SA).

I could probably find him on Facebook if you really want to talk with him as his wife is a friend of one of my friends on FB.

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Come on JD, you know better than to build us up and then to not provide pictures! :camera::drop: I'm sure you will when you get home. I can't wait to see it!

Sorry no pics........I'm traveling with my tablet and can't figure out how to download pics. I'm sure its operator incompetence!! Will show off plenty when I get home.