TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Intermittent Starting

avengnd

Recently I purchased my first Shelby (2014 – used, just under 15k miles). I started to experience intermittent starting after about 3 weeks; first it seem like it would only happen after driving the car for a while, parking, going into a store, and then coming out and starting it. The first thing I did was start searching forums to see if anyone else had experience this issue. Of course I found this thread on TS - http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81807-intermittent-starting/

After reading up, I paid more attention to when and where and how often this was happening, after coming out of the grocery store two days ago the car wouldn’t start, sat there for about 10 minutes finally turned over. I immediately called my service manager and brought it in. After having it for two days and the SM driving it home, he experienced the same issues.

Come to find out it was the Clutch Pedal Position Switch (6G9Z 11A152 A), once replaced she starts up fine. If this indeed is the same issue that the OP experienced in the thread above then it could possibly fail again in a few months and maybe it will be the starter as the OP finally got replaced.

The Shelby still had warranty on her, so there was no cost to me.

But I wanted to pass along my experience with this problem. And thank those for posting and the OP for all the information. It is good to know that there is one place I can come and get good, solid information. I posted this same information in the thread above.

Thank you!

I had the same issue with my 10=.it woukdntcstart couple times monthly.changed battery,neutral safety switch,starter and dealer worked withbford engineering. Put data together on when it wouldn't start (it woukdcalways start eventually). They never found find it.so I sold the car and bought a 14..the only thing we didn't change was ignition switch and throttle body.I also should have had them put on a data recorder so they could analyze the failures

justcealuzed the link was to my original post.but maybe these comments will still help. Good luck

Edited by Torched10

I had the same issue with my 10=.it woukdntcstart couple times monthly.changed battery,neutral safety switch,starter and dealer worked withbford engineering. Put data together on when it wouldn't start (it woukdcalways start eventually). They never found find it.so I sold the car and bought a 14..the only thing we didn't change was ignition switch and throttle body.I also should have had them put on a data recorder so they could analyze the failures

justcealuzed the link was to my original post.but maybe these comments will still help. Good luck

Thanks for the info, hopefully I don't have any other issues with it, but we shall see over time.