TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear End

Is there a additive you need to add to the 07's. After removing the TCS button I noticed that the rear end is spinning more like a single track. Its feels like one wheel is spinning 10 - 1.

I removed mine with no problem. The only additive I know of is to the fluid for the posi track unit. I used Royal Purple fluid in the rear end of my car with no additional additive required. Shelby changed the complete rear ends in our cars. Someone mentioned in a previous article that they thought theirs had been missed at production. Nice starliner by the way. Harley

Yes there is an additive that must be added to the rear end fluid & its called Friction modifier & comes in a 4 oz container . Once you have added it take your car to an empty lot & do a few fiqure eights this helps work the fluid into the clutch packs. This also works if you are not laying down an even strip with both rear tires .

These rear ends did have the friction modifier in them from the factory however. I don't think adding any now is going to solve any problems if there are already issues in the rear end. If the fluid is ever changed or modified, of course it should be added when the proper fluid is added. But if nothing has been touched, and you are having issues, I doubt it has anything to do with the fluid. There are probably other issues if you are only getting one wheel spinning. Removing your TC clip so that you can spin them is just now showing that there is an issue of probably previously warn parts. Friction modifier may help(but not likely), but probably just masking a bigger issue.