TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non Responsive Throttle Body 2014 Gt500

Went to fill up the car with gas. Shut car down. After it was full, started the car up and tried to take off. No acceleration. Tried it again and no acceleration. Shut car down and waited 15-20 seconds. Started it up and took off like normal. After this happened there was no check engine light and no repair wrench light. Anyone ever have this problem? Wondering if I'm the only with that situation.

Edited by sneektip01

Hapenned to me with my Stock '14 Vert at the Dealer in front of the SVT Mechanic, as I was leaving. Brought it back put the scanner on it and he opened a case with the Hotline. They recommended a New Battery and Throttle Body. Dealer replaced both under warranty, about 2 months ago. No issues since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On my stock 2013 it happens to me when I try to pull away from a stop with light throttle pedal pressure, instead of going forward the car stalls. No problem after restarting the car. The throttle acts like it is dead when you try to recover just before the stall. It's like stepping into a hole. It has happened about 15 times in the last 3 years, it is pretty annoying. I have been reluctant to take it to a dealer because it is an intermittent problem and would be hard to replicate on command. No codes have ever been thrown.

To all who are having this problem, you should take it to the dealer and have the problem documented. Tell them everything that happens, this way Ford has a reference point to start diagnosing the problem. Maybe they will figure the cause and fix our cars

Edited by sneektip01

• 2 months later...

This happen to my 14 vert Im running FRPP Twin 65. I shut the car off to get gas and it started fine but no acceleration . I shut it down and restarted it 4 times before the problem went away. I did check tb plugs and my left side red clip wasnt pushed in all the way and I have not had the problem since and hoping thats all it was

I was watching American Muscle's stage 1 power package on youtube and you can see the throttle partially closes under WOT at around 4500 RPM's. Then with the tune, power stayed linear with no drop off. is this something Ford did on purpose (perhaps to avoid knock under WOT when engine engine sees IAT's at a certain number) or just a design flaw? After they tuned it, the problem seemed to be gone. Is this something that is fixed with a tune? Would love to hear more on this matter.

I was watching American Muscle's stage 1 power package on youtube and you can see the throttle partially closes under WOT at around 4500 RPM's. Then with the tune, power stayed linear with no drop off. is this something Ford did on purpose (perhaps to avoid knock under WOT when engine engine sees IAT's at a certain number) or just a design flaw? After they tuned it, the problem seemed to be gone. Is this something that is fixed with a tune? Would love to hear more on this matter.

Dont think so I have a tune on my car and it happen.. I installed my TB but didnt push left side harness clip all the way in..Not sure this was the cause.. It hasnt happen again so only time will tell

• 3 months later...

I have never had TB issue upon start up with stock TP. I attempted to do power upgrades but I just went three rounds with American Muscle and BAMA attempting to install a FRPP Twin 65MM TB to match other power upgrades. I have experience drivability issues in urban or city environment and with the cruise engaged steady speed, surging or bucking at low RPM's with FRPP Twin 65MM. I was eventually told by BAMA to go back to the stock TB as this was the second Ford Racing TB replaced within 60 days. I know I have heard different stories about trying to modify my 2014 GT500 through BAMA, but after reviewing American Muscle Bolt on Power Upgrades for the GT500 I felt very comfortable doing it and at that time it made sense.

I am now back to the stock TB and I was wondering where to go next to leverage the other power mods already installed in the car. K&N cold air intake to eliminate resonator, 2.4 super charge pulley with Metco idler to remove drive belt slap, Borla CAT back exhaust along with Borla X-Pipe for better exhaust flow, and finally heat range (6) spark plugs to prevent spark blow out due to more air from the higher spinning super charger. I now have 17 to 19 PSI of boost verse the stock 12 to 14 PSI and the car does not feel any different other then it drives like new. Ingot Silver- 2014 GT500 SVT Track-Pak 3.31 with the Electronics package, 6,200 miles.

This problem may be an issue with one of the blades not centered to the bore on the shaft correctly. I would loosen the screws that holds the plates and flip it open to closed a few times to center the blades with the tb bores. Either that or the blades are closing to far. Need to stop a tad sooner before the blades get wedged.

• 1 year later...