TEAM SHELBY FORUM

69 shelby hood repair

Most Corvette shops, could handle the problem, or just buy a new one....

Mark

hi, does anybody know a shop that can repair a original 69 shelby fiberglass hood to original show quality? somebody on the west coast; iam in santa barbara calif. e-mail dukdutch2@cox.net cell 805-896-7662 thanks john

hi, does anybody know a shop that can repair a original 69 shelby fiberglass hood to original show quality? somebody on the west coast; iam in santa barbara calif. e-mail dukdutch2@cox.net cell 805-896-7662 thanks john

If it's an original hood (-s part number in the front by the latch), you are better off repairing the original than buying repro, or if you do buy repro, keep that hood!!! Original 'glass is harder & harder to find these days.

You should also state the nature of your damage on this thread (ie: cracks, chip, or breaking/broken in half) so that others in your area might know someone who specializes in that type of repair.

I can also give you a few preventative pointers if it is cracking in half (mid way between the windshield and the grill) as I have seen this before, and it is not super rare.

Keep your hood original if you can, or store it as it is valuable. Sorry I cannot help you out as I live on the East coast. Good luck!

Edit: Corvette shops are a good place as they are used to Fiberglass. Welcome to the forums!!!

Archived