TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag Racing At Team Shelby Nationals/mini Nats 30

MMcGuirk

Friday afternoon August 7th

Shelby American will be making passes in the new 2015 Super Snake with noted automotive journalist and hot shoe Evan Smith at the wheel.

This will be for a future magazine article and Evan will be laying down the official numbers.

Join us for a few passes and a great BBQ!

BTW - Tell your friends they can bring brand C and brand D - love to see some Shelbys smoke some Camaros and Hellcats!

• 2 weeks later...

How about a 650s McLaren for the drag racing?

All cars are welcome, if you pass tech for open track, you pass tech for drag racing at this event.

Torque you lug nuts, have a coolant overflow catch can and put your helmet on!

Will I need an overflow catch can for drag racing only? Where would I get this, if needed? I haven't been involved with the racing side of enjoying these cars.

Thanks for your help.

What exact car are you driving?

You can fab a catch can by routing your overflow hose(if it is not already returning to the expansion tank) into a pop or water bottle and zip tie it in place.

Tom,

Your McLaren or the FGT-H will be a great addition to the Mini-Nats. Have you considered entering the car show Friday morning?

Jim

Jim,

I would like to take the McLaren to drag race only. I've done the GT in the past. Are you talking about the GT or the McLaren in the car show? I can make it early Friday.

Thanks,

Tom

Jim,

I would like to take the McLaren to drag race only. I've done the GT in the past. Are you talking about the GT or the McLaren in the car show? I can make it early Friday.

Thanks,

Tom

I'm guessing the GT for the show. Does a new car like the MC need an over flow catch?

Tom

I'm guessing the GT for the show. Does a new car like the MC need an over flow catch?

Tom

Tom

I am unfamiliar with your car, but I surmise that it does not. We will have tech inspection at the track and we can help you then.

Michael

Tom

I am unfamiliar with your car, but I surmise that it does not. We will have tech inspection at the track and we can help you then.

Michael

Thanks. See you Friday morning. Looking forward to the event. Hope to see a few FGT's there. I'll bring the McLaren for fun.

Tom I am unfamiliar with your car, but I surmise that it does not. We will have tech inspection at the track and we can help you then. MichaelThanks. See you Friday morning. Looking forward to the event. Hope to see a few FGT's there. I'll bring the McLaren for fun.

Tom

Awesome, a FGT and a McLaren, Hubba Hubba, can't wait to see your rides.

Shelby club by laws state;

Article IV, subsection B

Any and all cool cars owned by a Tom, must be driven by a Tom,

;-)

Thank you

Tom

Edited by Cali_KR

• 3 weeks later...

I have only registered for the Saturday HPDE but am contemplating showing up for the drag race if time allows...can I pay for the drag race if I show up on site?

I believe you can, check with MMcGuirk to be certain

Edited by Cali_KR

I have only registered for the Saturday HPDE but am contemplating showing up for the drag race if time allows...can I pay for the drag race if I show up on site?

please see registration when you arrive to purchase a drag racing wrist band