TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Phases/Stages for SS Package??

Phasing/staging SS package  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who would now do the SS package if offered in phases/stages to spread out payments?

• YES
    • NO
    • DOES NOT MATTER

For those of us that do not live near SAI or one of its approved shops on the east or west coast, the cost to ship the car round trip just once is roughly $2,000 dollars per; consequently, if I broke it down to four round trips I would be adding way to much to an already costly modification.

If you can't afford to pay for it all at once, then just get a loan, get the whole shittery done at once, and pay off the loan. :idea:

You will certainly pay more (and risk more damage to your baby) shipping your car back and forth than you will pay in interest if you just got a loan. :ohsnap: Plus you could have the real deal from the beginning. :shift:

My opinion? :redcard:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can't afford to pay for it all at once, then just get a loan, get the whole shittery done at once, and pay off the loan. :idea:

You will certainly pay more (and risk more damage to your baby) shipping your car back and forth than you will pay in interest if you just got a loan. :ohsnap: Plus you could have the real deal from the beginning. :shift:

For those who live close enough to bring the car on a flat bed this plan would be a great way to help spread out the costs and also save on the added interest costs associated with a loan. Why make this package any more costly than it is ? Don't get me wrong I totally understand why it cost what it does but this help could be the difference between being able to get it or not for some possibly many .

The way I see it it is a win win for SA . (worst case scenario) Lets say that some got + paid for Phase 1 then for what ever reason couldn't come up with enough money for the final phase they just wouldn't be able to be certified + registered. SA would have had the benifit of the added work that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

The customer would still have all the power & suspension mods done . ..

NOTE: I still think there should be a reasonable time limit for completion of the work though.

For those who live close enough to bring the car on a flat bed this plan would be a great way to help spread out the costs and also save on the added interest costs associated with a loan. Why make this package any more costly than it is ? Don't get me wrong I totally understand why it cost what it does but this help could be the difference between being able to get it or not for some possibly many .

The way I see it it is a win win for SA . (worst case scenario) Lets say that some got + paid for Phase 1 then for what ever reason couldn't come up with enough money for the final phase they just wouldn't be able to be certified + registered. SA would have had the benifit of the added work that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

The customer would still have all the power & suspension mods done . ..

NOTE: I still think there should be a reasonable time limit for completion of the work though.

As for a loan, some of us are loaned out, NOT FOR WHAT YOU THINK, I'm not a male whore :hysterical:

houses, cars. Credit cards ARE good if you pay it back in 30 days for no interest, within cashflow limits I use, don't want to overuse them, but will for doing things like stages for car. Cash is best when we have it, sometimes more, sometimes less depends on business, like svtbird said this is a win win for SAI , they still get business, more than if they DON'T offer this alternative for some and cater to more clients, that would otherwise find something elsewhere or not at all. :yup:

16 NOW AND COUNTING, THATS 16 MORE POSSIBLE CLIENTS THAT SAI OTHERWISE MIGHT NOT HAVE.

Pay off your credit cards & then get the work done at SAI. Once the first bill comes, look for a new zero interest credit card good for say 9-months to a year to save you the interest money, transfer the amounts to the new card & start paying it down. Then cancel your old Credit cards. If after 8 months or 11 months comes up & you still don't have it paid off, transfer the amounts to a new credit card again with zero interest & then cancel your new old cards again. repeat the process until the balance is paid off w/o paying any interest. ;)

edit - spelling

Pay off your credit cards & then get the work dome at SAI. Once the first bill comes, look for a new zero interest credit card good for say 9-months to a year to save you the interest money, transfer the amounts to the new card & start paying it down. Then cancel your old Credit cards. If after 8 months or 11 months comes up & you still don't have it paid off, transfer the amounts to a new credit card again with zero interest & then cancel your new old cards again. repeat the process until the balance is paid off w/o paying any interest. ;)

Damn Coldwater, you da' man!!! :superhero:

Pay off your credit cards & then get the work dome at SAI. Once the first bill comes, look for a new zero interest credit card good for say 9-months to a year to save you the interest money, transfer the amounts to the new card & start paying it down. Then cancel your old Credit cards. If after 8 months or 11 months comes up & you still don't have it paid off, transfer the amounts to a new credit card again with zero interest & then cancel your new old cards again. repeat the process until the balance is paid off w/o paying any interest. ;)

Where's that juggling emoticon when you need one ? LOL :spend:

Thanks Crispy

post-54-1181742149.gif

post-54-1181742149.gif

Damn Coldwater, you da' man!!! :superhero:

Where there is a will, there is a way.

But in all serious, this only works if:

- You have a good stable job

- You are good with handling money

- You have room in your budget for $2500 a month payment ($30,000 divided by 12 months)

or a $1250 a month payment ($30,000 divided by 24 months by switching to another CC company at the end of your 1 yr. zero interest term & renewing for another 1 year with another CC)

- Your wife buys into this plan

- You can stick to the plan, man.

- If you are just 1 day late or miss a payment, the C.C. company will default to a much higher interest rate & the interest starts right then & now.

If you can't do any of the above, Don't use this approach, you will be in debt way longer than you ever thought. Me, I'm looking into a other loan Strategies for the additional amount I don't already have saved yet.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

But in all serious, this only works if:

- You have a good stable job

- You are good with handling money

- You have room in your budget for $2500 a month payment ($30,000 divided by 12 months)

or a $1250 a month payment ($30,000 divided by 24 months by switching to another CC company at the end of your 1 yr. zero interest term & renewing for another 1 year with another CC)

- Your wife buys into this plan

- You can stick to the plan, man.

- If you are just 1 day late or miss a payment, the C.C. company will default to a much higher interest rate & the interest starts right then & now.

If you can't do any of the above, Don't use this approach, you will be in debt way longer than you ever thought. Me, I'm looking into a other loan Strategies for the additional amount I don't already have saved yet.

Could rob a bank or armored truck, would have to use wash away paint for the car though since you still don't see too many on the road :hysterical2: too easy to pick out!

Good news Amy PM'ed me and is looking into this, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

21 AND COUNTING AMY!! Also on the website there is no mention of Tasca Ford in RI being the East Coast shop, is that good info, I saw the http//www info but could'nt linky on it??

Good news Amy PM'ed me and is looking into this, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

21 AND COUNTING AMY!! Also on the website there is no mention of Tasca Ford in RI being the East Coast shop, is that good info, I saw the http//www info but could'nt linky on it??

This is what I was told by SA....they are working on it it is almost a done deal if not already a done deal. The mech's from Tasca will be going to SA in Vegas to see how SA does the install.

Aug 25th is supposed to be the big day to launch the SS package at Tasca that's why Carroll will be there . I hope it will be a big turn out for stangsunleashed members too. I'm planning to go.

Would be nice if the diff "phase" thing works out.

Whoa. Are they awesome or what!?!?!

Hope this comes true, it would be great because it would be easier for everyone who wants one to get one....

Tasca, George. You know I'll be there too!!!

From the talks I have been having with others, it looks like there will be a very good turnout on the 25th. Easy drive for me, under an hour at warp speed. :superhero: ..ohhhhhhhhh, yeah! :hysterical:

This is what I was told by SA....they are working on it it is almost a done deal if not already a done deal. The mech's from Tasca will be going to SA in Vegas to see how SA does the install.

Aug 25th is supposed to be the big day to launch the SS package at Tasca that's why Carroll will be there . I hope it will be a big turn out for stangsunleashed members too. I'm planning to go.

Would be nice if the diff "phase" thing works out.

Whoa. Are they awesome or what!?!?!

Hope this comes true, it would be great because it would be easier for everyone who wants one to get one....

Tasca, George. You know I'll be there too!!!

From the talks I have been having with others, it looks like there will be a very good turnout on the 25th. Easy drive for me, under an hour at warp speed. :superhero: ..ohhhhhhhhh, yeah! :hysterical:

This seems to be getting better by the moment!! That would be 2 weekends after the Dearborn trip on the 9th-11th Aug. Gotta check google earth to see how far it is from Pittsburghhappy%20feet.gif

I just looked it up, and Tasca is a little over 700 miles from me and the event at Tasca is two days before my B-Day. If the U.S. Army doesn't have me doing something else that weekend, I'm there! and if we can get Amy to OK the staged SS build plan, I MAY be able to get the wife to go for it. If an SS is there at Tasca, she will fall in love with it and I could possibly pull off the biggest coup in years. Anyone know any good hotels in the area as it is too far to drive up and back in the same day.

Thanks for posting. Not only will I be there, but my 2007 Tasca Shelby GT will be on display. See my signature.

See you all there and can't wait to meet you.

Awesome!!! Welcome to the forums and I can't wait to get there!!! There should be a ton of members there. Look forward to meeting you!!!

PS- Congratulations on your car, too!!! It must be beautiful...what color did you pick?

Found this thread on Tasca, looks like Cranston, RI and Carol Shelby will be there too! As well as the GT500KR! 531mi for me!!

Can this be made a STICKY?? Moderator,Moderator!!!Please! :banana piano:

There is a thread on this in the New England Regional forums under the NH Father's day show. It's not a sticky because it was a thread avbout another show that went into Tasca/Cranston. When I get a little time, I will post another individual thread on Tasca, promise!

You better be there, punk! ;) And bring this name tag :hysterical2: with you:

post-140-1181828956_thumb.jpg

post-140-1181828956_thumb.jpg

There is a thread on this in the New England Regional forums under the NH Father's day show. It's not a sticky because it was a thread avbout another show that went into Tasca/Cranston. When I get a little time, I will post another individual thread on Tasca, promise!

what's a sticky?

I'll do that, thank you very much for making it!!happy%20feet.gif

what's a sticky?

Sticky....sticky buns..................get your mind outa the gutter, sticky cinnamin buns :hysterical2:

Unfortunately from another thread I believe Amy is saying no.

Post #42

If you read closely, she is only talking about partial packages, we are talking about stages towards the final product, the SS, not just doing PARTS, OR PARTIAL PACKAGE, this is about doing the whole package in more stages than just all at once, SHE DID'NT RESPOND WITH A NO AS OF YET, she responded to my PM I sent her saying she is looking into what we are talking about here, so you are relating another thread that is'nt related to this.

686.jpg Looks like with this hood, theres room for whatever you want to put under there, MEAN LOOKING!! :superhero: and NO having to CUT into a hood to FIT something(bet the KB would even fit under there without cutting)699.jpg I like the brakes on mine now, with this package I imagine if not wearing a seatbelt one would look like a mosquito smashed on the INSIDE of the glass :hysterical2:685.jpg :wub: Only thing not mentioned is a change out of a Shelby signature speedometer, that would be a nice touch, bet no one even thought of that! Something similar to this, only with his signature.6ede_4.jpg :yup: A shot of the Ford GT speedo. It IS A FRPP right?

can't get rid of this photo of rim/brakes, wrong one below

723a_3.jpg

686.jpg

723a_3.jpg

685.jpg

6ede_4.jpg

699.jpg

If you read closely, she is only talking about partial packages, we are talking about stages towards the final product, the SS, not just doing PARTS, OR PARTIAL PACKAGE, this is about doing the whole package in more stages than just all at once, SHE DID'NT RESPOND WITH A NO AS OF YET, she responded to my PM I sent her saying she is looking into what we are talking about here, so you are relating another thread that is'nt related to this.

Good, I hope you're right!

What if you bought some SS package components from the new catalog and later just took the car in for the SS package? Wouldn't you get a credit for what was already there anyway?

Good, I hope you're right!

What if you bought some SS package components from the new catalog and later just took the car in for the SS package? Wouldn't you get a credit for what was already there anyway?

I know with the 40th you do, hold recipts from items bought at SAI website, I'm guessing the same goes for SS. The Alcoa rims say Shelby Forged on the lip on the website, they are the same just I think there is a small difference with the genuine SS rims they have SuperSnake on the lip too, so if you plan to get the SS hold fire til we get a for sure on those. The front brakes I think are the same as what is on the SS, no differences there so for (3k) that will be a nice chunk off the total bill. I think they give you wholesale price off the package too, not retail so you might not get the full 3k credit, just what they cost without the markup, I THINK. There are still and will be for a bit alot of WHAT-IF THIS and THAT'S until we get calls and a formal parts list comes out, still after that we will be calling to verify what part's are the same and what are not from the catalog, so be prepared for a wait a little while longer. :cold: FALL??Guessing??

Hope when Amy gets finished with Tulsa and settles in she will have something to say.............Amy?????

Archived