TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Phases/Stages for SS Package??

Phasing/staging SS package  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who would now do the SS package if offered in phases/stages to spread out payments?

• YES
    • NO
    • DOES NOT MATTER

O.K. Guy's/Gal's,

What do you think about this. Do the SS package in Phases/Stages, like Phase 1, start with brakes, brake ducts. Phase 2, suspension, rearend, shifter. Phase 3, tires, rims and exhaust. Phase 4, supercharger and tune. Phase 5 cosmetics, like hood, stripes, badging, plating, interior stuff and finally serialization/registry!!!! With a East Coast and Las Vegas shop doing 40th and SS conversions, that would split it up too. I think it would be GREAT for business and GREAT for clients.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Budget for the client and even more good P&R for SAI. Also, no divorce for client, wify's like budgets, do bad things if spend all at once :gang: then man won't be :tequila: and trying to :extinguish: the :devil2: now I thinky more will be happy :roses: :banana piano: all is well on stangs once again :grouphug: no more whining and :soapbox: and :rant: and :violin: and :cry::baby: good :idea: yea :banvictory: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

At what point do you call it a Super Snake?

If left up to me it would be after the last phase, anything before that & it would have to be called .....

The GT500.1

The GT500.2

The GT500.3

1 AWESOME GT500 Super Snake!

Yes in the final cosmetic Phase, with striping, badging and the plating under the hood and on the dash, of coursehappy%20feet.gifThen it is an official SS, registered/serialized :superhero:

Apple,

If Amy and the SAI gang go for your idea, you could be responsible for MANY more Super Snakes being produced and saving an untold number of marriages which would be putting our hard earned Mod money in the hands of lawyers. Great idea!!!!

I think you may be onto something here

Apple,

If Amy and the SAI gang go for your idea, you could be responsible for MANY more Super Snakes being produced and saving an untold number of marriages which would be putting our hard earned Mod money in the hands of lawyers. Great idea!!!!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

I'm starting to like this.

MORE VOTES, MORE VOTES, there's gotta be more that want to do this, spread the news/idea around, PM a buddy, :stats: Even if your not sure you will do this, might though, this could be an easy way to slide under the radar with wify and before you know it it's done and when your wife says "when did you have this SS done," well............... :hysterical::hysterical2: Honey they did all this work........ and said they would register it.......... and all since we sent it in so many times and all...........is'nt it GREAT LOOKING HONEY :hysterical2:

I think this is a great idea. However, for me it would depend on where the east coast installer is. It wil cost me money each and every time to transport back and forth.

Is there any word on if east coast installer is definite?

I love the idea of stages if there will be one.... otherwise ny to vegas once is gonna have to do it for me!

I think this is a great idea. However, for me it would depend on where the east coast installer is. It wil cost me money each and every time to transport back and forth.

Is there any word on if east coast installer is definite?

I love the idea of stages if there will be one.... otherwise ny to vegas once is gonna have to do it for me!

Amy did say there would be an EAST COAST dealer instalkling 40th and SS, just did'nt say where yet

So we have 8 more so far that would go for the SS if presented this way, 1 no, and 6 don't matters (whether it's other mods or not modding or still too much, right?) I think this is going well, at least have SAI 8 more SS client's so far IF SAI goes for this, ANY MORE out there I'm sure there is, just did'nt see this pole yet??? :shift:

So we have 8 more so far that would go for the SS if presented this way, 1 no, and 6 don't matters (whether it's other mods or not modding or still too much, right?) I think this is going well, at least have SAI 8 more SS client's so far IF SAI goes for this, ANY MORE out there I'm sure there is, just did'nt see this pole yet??? :shift:

Give it another 24 hours. I'm sure the numbers will be up!

My thought on this subject is that it should only be offered at the most in 2 stages otherwise too many trips back and forth . For those who live far it might be a big issue. I do think it would help us better afford the package ,however there should be a time limit on getting it finished regardless of how they do it . Say at the end of the 08 year something like that. Wouldn't be too limited if in ten years someone could still get this package. IMO

Stage1 ........Mechanical (brakes, blower , suspension, exhaust , guages )

Stage 2........Cosmetic (Hood, accessories, splitter, scoops, badges , stripes ect and registration. )

My thought on this subject is that it should only be offered at the most in 2 stages otherwise too many trips back and forth . For those who live far it might be a big issue. I do think it would help us better afford the package ,however there should be a time limit on getting it finished regardless of how they do it . Say at the end of the 08 year something like that. Wouldn't be too limited if in ten years someone could still get this package. IMO

Stage 2........Cosmetic (Hood, accessories, splitter, scoops, badges , stripes ect and registration. )

For those of us that do not live near SAI or one of its approved shops on the east or west coast, the cost to ship the car round trip just once is roughly $2,000 dollars per; consequently, if I broke it down to four round trips I would be adding way to much to an already costly modification. By the way, isn't it mandatory to change-out the wheels and tires once the new 6 piston Baer brakes are installed? :redcard: I thought Son of GT had mentioned on another thread that once the new bigger brakes are installed, the stock wheels do not fit anymore :sos:

For those of us that do not live near SAI or one of its approved shops on the east or west coast, the cost to ship the car round trip just once is roughly $2,000 dollars per; consequently, if I broke it down to four round trips I would be adding way to much to an already costly modification. By the way, isn't it mandatory to change-out the wheels and tires once the new 6 piston Baer brakes are installed? :redcard: I thought Son of GT had mentioned on another thread that once the new bigger brakes are installed, the stock wheels do not fit anymore :sos:

Yes brakes and tires probably have to be done at the same time, the main point is NOT TO DO AWAY with paying all at once, but ADD THE OPTION FOR doing it in stages/phases so someone that is more budget oriented can still do this AND STILL GET SERIALIZED/REGISTERED. Some may like to take a small road trip for a few days every 3-6 months to stretch out, have a little fun driving and get mods, looking forward to eventually knowing it will be a SS in the final stage/phase. Some already do it with Evolution mods., either send car there or drive it. I don't want to DO AWAY WITH, JUST ADD TO options for doing the SS package to better service more clients. :banvictory: :bandance:

.... mentioned on another thread that once the new bigger brakes are installed, the stock wheels do not fit anymore :sos:

I believe the stock 18" wheels will fit with the Baer's........

this from yesterday's link provided by Coldwater & jimbobbeg-

• 2 x 15" directional two piece cross drilled/slotted/zinc washed rotors with 6061-T6 billet hats, a weight savings of approx. 5lb.

• 2 x 15" directional two piece cross drilled/slotted/zinc washed rotors with 6061-T6 billet hats, a weight savings of approx. 5lb.

• 2 x 6-piston calipers with metallic pads.

• All of the hardware to make the swap from your stock setup.

• Requires 18" or larger wheels.

• Due to the extensive choice of options, not every kit & combination is kept in stock, please contact us to confirm current availability.

Baer LINK

I believe the stock 18" wheels will fit with the Baer's........

this from yesterday's link provided by Coldwater & jimbobbeg-

• 2 x 6-piston calipers with metallic pads.

• All of the hardware to make the swap from your stock setup.

• Requires 18" or larger wheels.

• Due to the extensive choice of options, not every kit & combination is kept in stock, please contact us to confirm current availability.

Baer LINK

That's good so the brakes don't have to be put on at the same time as the rims/tires, will be easier to split the cost up of the different stages.

Tasca Ford in RI.http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8775

That would be a nice road trip, could meet up with some of the members if they are available and close too!

12 and counting !! Amy this can be a good thing!! :banana piano: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

It says on the Baer site you must have 18's or bigger so they might still fit , not sure though . These are just ideas that are being tossed out sort of like thinking out loud.

Archived