TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Happy With Kr Tire Choice

svttim

I recently changed the tires on my KR and I couldnt be happier. I used Nitto 555 extreem summer tires, 295 rear, 275 in the front. The apect ratio is a bit taller which fills the wheelwells a bit more and also. The ride is better, MPH is off about 3 at 70. surprisingly, MPG went up from 19 to over 21.

Good to know Timmy.

I've not tried Nitto's on the street (other than the NT-01's on the track)

I'm on my second set of Hankook Ventus EVO K-12. Love the ride and value of the tire.

Edited by Cali_KR

I just bought some Nitto NT555's in the standard KR sizes front and rear for use both on the street and at Pocono for SAAC-40 in August. That's my first set of Nitto's and I was looking for something different than the stock Goodyear's. I haven't had them mounted yet and intend to do that this coming week.

I've been running the Super Sports for a couple years now and love them. They work great on the track and I was surprised the other weekend when I got caught in a very heavy rain, minimal slipping in a down poor.

I asked Gary Patterson, what the best street/road course tire was, and he said that it was the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. The sizes I'm looking for are all on national back order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to go with 255/35/20 on the front and 285/35/20s on the back. My current 295s set out just a bit too much for me with the set up more for road course...