TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are The New Gt350S Shelbys Or Just Fords?

Coljimm

Sometimes after a long day full of frustrations I find myself out in the yard, walking around, staring at the grass and carrying on a conversation with myself !

me too.... sometimes it's the only way to get good honest answers..... :headspin:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it has, on this post and many similar ones in the past. Obviously, some viewpoints will never change no matter how long the discussion. Moving on...

Oh yeah I owe you one of these: :club:

I challenge you to learn as much about the current generation of Shelbys as you know about the first gen cars, which seems quite a bit.

I think if you study trademark and patent law you will find otherwise,

but...

BING BING BING Congratulations! You have just won the prize!

I really wonder where you come up with this kind of stuff and why. OK I've had a few cocktails but maybe it took that to realize that you are really just a moron trying to stir up stuff and sit just below the troll list.

I honestly can't remember one positive contribution.

You said you were trying to clean up your act and become more socially acceptable. You lose. You've won the troll of the week award.

So now you've officially won the 4th place on my ban list. I don't like and hopefully will never meet you. I'm sure you think the same of me, but then I'd have to care.

Bye for now.

Good luck with your fantasymobile.

Plus, I really alienated someone. It's probably going to take 2 Steins and a shirt to make amends !

I have a 2011 GT350 to go with my 1966 GT350 and am excited by both. I have met with SA factory personnel numerous times since the shop first opened in the 1990s. I have also spent time with CS and staff members in Gardena and at race tracks over the years. I am not a novice to the world of Shelby automobiles by any means. All I am saying is this discussion crops up every time another Shelby named vehicle is released. This has happened even before the internet and discussions were carried on at car shows, conventions and in publications. It is neither new or resolved as peoples opinions continue based on their own interpretations of events. So let's just enjoy the all the Shelby rides and not get bogged down on the issue again .

:cool:

In summary to the topic question, whether the vehicle in question is manufactured and/or engineered by Ford, Dodge or the Shelby American shop, if Shelby Licensing authorizes it to be designated a Shelby vehicle, it is one.

Modern "Shelby's"

07 GT500 - SVT, Ford, Shelby

07 Shelby GTH/GT/KR(Pre-title/Registry eligible) - Ford, Shelby

2011 GT350 - Ford, Shelby(Post title/Registry eligible)

2016 GT350 - Ford, Ford Performance Division, Shelby

The Shelby GT-H is not pre-title - they were converted after they were purchased by Hertz. It's been discussed many times here on the forum.

ALL of these topics have been beaten to DEATH!

This entire forum is just a giant Groundhogs Day.

It's time for a new car and a whole new set of owners.

Yeah, like where are the owners of the new Shelby GT that was introduced in early 2014 to replace the 2011 - 2014 V8 GTS? Where are the owners of the 2015 Shelby GT introduced earlier this year? Are there any?

This forum has way too many sub forums and it's getting long in the tooth. I moved over to mustang6g for info on the Shelby GT 350. Sorry

It's not subforums, it's that the forum is becoming stangsunited. It has nothing to do with cars any more. OK, very little. It's more about social engineering and chat than relevant content (and I don't consider the rumor of the week to be relevant, especially when a few seem to get inspired in their dreams and decide to see what lead balloon will float this week.)

I started going through the topics last night to determine, if the forum had an "ignore topic" capability, which topics I would put on ignore. The answer was most...

It seems that Shelby American has no desire to really direct things back to relevant topics, so if the rumor is true that they are considering a fresh start I would support that.

At least one major player here stated he has given up and no longer moderates and only participates in his own area, which is fairly restricted.

Edit: This forum had lots of good info in the early days. The early GT500s were ripe for modifications and upgrades. As time went on the base car became so capable that when it ended in 2014, the car was everything everyone wanted it to be. That essentially ended the good discussions about the car and started the turn into what it is today.

Robert does have the Ford Shelby GT350 Forum which is dedicated to all versions, but focusing on the newly released version from Ford. I am unable to post the link here. While informative, the TS site has far more discussion.

It's not subforums, it's that the forum is becoming stangsunited. It has nothing to do with cars any more. OK, very little. It's more about social engineering and chat than relevant content (and I don't consider the rumor of the week to be relevant, especially when a few seem to get inspired in their dreams and decide to see what lead balloon will float this week.)

I started going through the topics last night to determine, if the forum had an "ignore topic" capability, which topics I would put on ignore. The answer was most...

It seems that Shelby American has no desire to really direct things back to relevant topics, so if the rumor is true that they are considering a fresh start I would support that.

At least one major player here stated he has given up and no longer moderates and only participates in his own area, which is fairly restricted.

Edit: This forum had lots of good info in the early days. The early GT500s were ripe for modifications and upgrades. As time went on the base car became so capable that when it ended in 2014, the car was everything everyone wanted it to be. That essentially ended the good discussions about the car and started the turn into what it is today.

+1, the best fora are ones that focus on technical topics. All these rumor, opinion, and personal choices topics based fora are not the ones I get the most out of.

WHO CARES!!! Dude, doesn't matter what name is on the car or whether its in the registry its going to be a great Mustang and just DRIVE IT!

Archived