TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are The New Gt350S Shelbys Or Just Fords?

Coljimm

Ha! That's funny, when I bought my Raptor I complained about the towing ability when pulling my Trailex sports car trailer around the country, so I had a Whipple setup put on it to get me 600 HP and more torque, now it is a great towing machine……... :)

So, that's me…...

Gary Patterson tows an enclosed trailer carrying either the SGT or 2015 SS all over the country with the Shelby Raptor and says the same thing. The SC makes all the difference.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never though anyone had any dislike or distain for the 11-14 GT350. Most cant afford it but they are awesome. The had a bad rap in 11 (ask Warren what I mean) but I have never seen anyone disrespecting those cars. The 15/16 models are a different car. Yes, they are more refined, especially in handling. And like the original, I'm sure they will find their way to the drag strip. But, the car is true to its heritage. You can always wait a year for the other Shelby to come out or, both the Supersnake and the Shelby GT are as fast on the drag strip and at home on a road course.

Another forum posted some time slips today with a 121 trap. Pretty strong stuff. A set of 4:10s or 4:30s and this thing would be a biotch on the street.

+1 :thumbsup:

Oh yeah for sure it would be!! And can you imagine a supercharger on this beast too?! I'm sure it'll be a 10-second street car possibly without power adders not too long after the suspension and engine mods start becoming available. :victory:

+1 :thumbsup:

Oh yeah for sure it would be!! And can you imagine a supercharger on this beast too?! I'm sure it'll be a 10-second street car possibly without power adders not too long after the suspension and engine mods start becoming available. :victory:

Tens could be possible N/A,

staying unblown and getting the car deep in the 11s with a strong trap like we have seen would make a really fun street car. I have never driven a V8 with a redline set over 7 grand. I look forward to driving one of these. Not sure if I can cotton up to the exhaust note of these FPC motors however. The conventional Ford V8s with their firing order is a better sound to me than even the Itallian exotic 12 cylinder motors.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Here is a thought, it is obvious that Shelby recently has decided to provide higher quality at a very high premium from SAI, they would rather sell much less and make more on each sale. I think one of the reasons that strategy is not working is because of the mass produced cars that do not come from SAI. 99% of folks do not know the difference, a great example is the New GT-350, ask 100 people the difference between that one and the SAI built one and I think you would be lucky if 1 person could tell you. So my 2 cents is Shelby should stop the mass production cars with their name on it, this could have easily been called a Boss or Mach 1. This car would have been a home run with any name on it. That said it is my belief that they are caught in a pickle of sorts, they can not afford to stop the revenue from the mass produced Fords with the Shelby name, but they want consumers to pay a premium for very limited production product from SAI.

So back to the Original question on this post, only the OP can answer it. If you consider a Shelby something that has to come from SAI then this is a Ford with Shelby badges. If you consider something that has Shelby influence, but gets mass produced from ford, a Shelby then this is a Shelby. At the end of the day honestly who the flip cares, we all win, this car would be $75-80K coming from SAI, I would MUCH rather buy it at the current price and have the shelby influence. You can make it a Boss or a Mach, it really doesn't matter to me, I would like it just as much regardless. To me this is the best Mustang ever built, but I prefer handling over straight line speed.

Congrats to all the future owners!!!! Maybe I will join you in 2016, time will tell.

Read a article that Lund used higher octane in the 350 & it produced a bit more H.p & it ran 11.7 . They are working on new tune & hope to get it in the 10`s .

Lund and I had that very discussion sitting my RV down at the Texas Mile in March.

At the end of the day, for straight line modifiable base, the 2013-14 were the best likely to be seen for some time. While I expect the 5.2 to be able to handle 700, or even 800HP, without major work, the 5.8 was a beast that can handle closer to 1000HP.

The difference is that before we saw comparisons with vehicles in the muscle car class, and maybe the Vette.

Now we see the mustang compete with sports cars- REAL sports cars in the quarter mill range. And winning.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Here is a thought, it is obvious that Shelby recently has decided to provide higher quality at a very high premium from SAI, they would rather sell much less and make more on each sale. I think one of the reasons that strategy is not working is because of the mass produced cars that do not come from SAI. ...... So my 2 cents is Shelby should stop the mass production cars with their name on it, this could have easily been called a Boss or Mach 1.

Except SA is in the business of just that. They cannot build original vehicles without massive testing and government mandating overhead. SA can't very well make a business model on selling shirts and hats.

What I have learned from this thread......... ( previous 342 posts )................& thanks to all that posted.

The new Shelby GT350 is a Shelby.

The new Shelby GT350 is not a Shelby.

Licensing makes something authentic.

Authentic doesn't = real.

Some site members drink.

Some site members don't.

I read this thread for entertainment, & wasn't disappointed.

What I have learned from this thread......... ( previous 342 posts )................& thanks to all that posted.

The new Shelby GT350 is a Shelby.

The new Shelby GT350 is not a Shelby.

Licensing makes something authentic.

Authentic doesn't = real.

Some site members drink.

Some site members don't.

I read this thread for entertainment, & wasn't disappointed.

You forgot that the new GT350's are fast

the new GT350's are slow

And

Oranges=Apples

All I know is I'm getting closer to getting mine and it's titled as a shelby. So if the state says so it is. Nice to see them getting into the 11's . Now let's see them get into the 1:35 range @ the LS track. The last gt500 was 1:38.range with Randy Pobst driving. Sure is exciting times we live in. Looking @ all the fast cars @ the LS track you will notice they are also fast in the 1/4 . So from what the numbers tell us fast times @ LS also produce fast times @ the 1/4 mile track . But the reverse isn't always true. Example the hell kitten.

All I know is I'm getting closer to getting mine and it's titled as a shelby. So if the state says so it is. Nice to see them getting into the 11's . Now let's see them get into the 1:35 range @ the LS track. The last gt500 was 1:38.range with Randy Pobst driving. Sure is exciting times we live in. Looking @ all the fast cars @ the LS track you will notice they are also fast in the 1/4 . So from what the numbers tell us fast times @ LS also produce fast times @ the 1/4 mile track . But the reverse isn't always true. Example the hell kitten.

you are so correct.... I use to think that the era of muscle cars was something I lived through and I would never see again.... I stand corrected.

you are so correct.... I use to think that the era of muscle cars was something I lived through and I would never see again.... I stand corrected.

Exactly and the first muscle car era was little more than a warm up for era #2. Wow this new stuff is crazy powerfull and roadworthy. The 60s crap is a joke by comparison. Technology is beautiful. Who would have ever guessed that the silicon based IC chips of the 70s and 80s would have paved the way for what we are enjoying now.

Archived