TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Forgotten Already?

I never see any discussions anymore on the 2011 GT350's or the 2012-2014 GT350's its ALL on the 2016 GT350.

Yes, the 2015 Mustang GT by itself is probably the best Mustang ever built, but now since everyone seems to be foaming at the mouth over the 2016 how quickly people stop discussing the others. I'm sure the 5.2 engine is bad ass and the MagneRide Dampers will make it a great drive, but ask Corvette and CTS-V owners the MagneRide suspension does have its quirks especially if you plan to use it on the track a lot.

I still think the 2011 GT350 is one of the top 10 Mustangs ever and even though I am a fanatic I am extremely knowledgeable about Mustangs from 1964 1/2 to now. A few of you might remember me saying I had a 2011 on reserve to order then without any warning a health issue popped up so buying a car was not even on my mind and waited as long as I could but passed on it and regretted it ever since until a month ago and I bought one and after going over the car, yes this is one bad ass Mustang regardless whether Shelby, Boss, Mach 1, etc...

I look forward to getting on the track with the 2016 and lets see what it can do compared to the 2011

Poll Question...

Would any current 2011 Shelby GT350 owner trade or sell your car if you were guaranteed one of the 2016 GT350's?

Keeping my 2011. Built (modified) at SA by SA employees. Handles beautifully. Has an unique appearance that continues to draw attention and awards. Has CS and GT350 recognition in numerous locations. Not planning SCCA racing requiring non-aspirated engine. So no sale for the Ford GT350 here. :cool:

Keeping my 2011. Built (modified) at SA by SA employees. Handles beautifully. Has an unique appearance that continues to draw attention and awards. Has CS and GT350 recognition in numerous locations. Not planning SCCA racing requiring non-aspirated engine. So no sale for the Ford GT350 here. :cool:

being on Oahu I'm sure its the only one...

Does the guy still live on Oahu with the original Cobra? I met him at the SAAC convention in Salt Lake City in 2007 and I guess he is the longest original owner. This is the same guy and same Cobra from Hollywood Knights right? Great movie, hey Newbomb where's your El Camino

attachicon.gif023.JPG Here's a few pics ! At SAI. Quarter window covers were not installed yet.

To me these cars have more of an 'it' factor than the new 2016 GT350. I think the new 2015 body style is far better and trying to figure out which car to buy but comparing GT350 to GT350, the SAI version is more unique. What I mean is the new GT350 could be driving down the street and unless you know Mustangs people will just see another Mustang

To me these cars have more of an 'it' factor than the new 2016 GT350. I think the new 2015 body style is far better and trying to figure out which car to buy but comparing GT350 to GT350, the SAI version is more unique. What I mean is the new GT350 could be driving down the street and unless you know Mustangs people will just see another Mustang

I fully agree. That's why I plan to approach SAI about a SuperSnake appearance package for a 2016 GT350. Then it would look like it should, differentiate itself from other new Mustangs, and truly be worthy of the Shelby name on it. If I have to put my own Cobra badging on it, I will !

If Ford offered a paddle shift automatic, like every other car maker does, in the new GT350 I'd buy one and add it to the 2011. My wife has a 2015 GT 5.0 and it's a great car so I can only imagine what the GT350 is going to be like. One thing the new GT350 can never have that my current on has....Carroll's signature!

If Ford offered a paddle shift automatic, like every other car maker does, in the new GT350 I'd buy one and add it to the 2011. My wife has a 2015 GT 5.0 and it's a great car so I can only imagine what the GT350 is going to be like. One thing the new GT350 can never have that my current on has....Carroll's signature!

My guys at Power By the Hour in Boynton Beach FL can put an Automatic into any Mustang!

When I was there last week they had a 13 or 14 GT500 w/ 1,000 hp and installed a 6spd Automatic

In fact they have swapped Automatics into at least 10 GT500's so far because the electronic shift is just far superior these days and they happen to have one of the best tuners in the country. Put it this way one shop down here has had quite a few cars in magazines and articles done but it doesn't actually say they themselves tuned the car

They are using the 6spd Automatics from 13-14 I forget the actual trans name for it. No, the one they have in the GT500 w/ 1,000hp is stock as he said its all about the tune and since many uninformed jackasses call automatics girls cars fact is these new trannys shift faster and more precise than you physically can and never miss a shift.

They have done this swap more than 10 times with zero issues and the guys love it. Some want the auto for drag racing and some are too old and tired of shifting but don't want to give up their GT500.

Shelby is using a stock automatic available on the new Super Snake because these things are almost bullet proof like the old C6

I am actually having a 66 Fastback built with a Coyote and using the 6spd automatic in the car and can't wait until its done

These are not cheap swaps usually around $10k because the parts are expensive and changing trannys in these cars isn't easy but in my opinion well worth it. I would never sell my 08 GT/SC but man I wish I had the 6spd automatic over the 5spd auto

I remember the old days changing back and forth (manual to automatic and vice versa). Easy as pie....no computer controls, virtually no wiring. Today.......... :drop:

As far as your thread question goes 39, I have a strong opinion on this, but don't own an SA built 350 myself. However, I happen to TOTALLY agree that the SA built late model 350's are one of the most notable, thought provoking (looks wise) Mustangs ever made. Not having the luxury of ever driving one, I only read the reviews.....they sound like killer machines. I came within a few inches of ordering one, back when they were first offered / announced. Wifee and I toiled over it for a bit and decided that it was a bit much. Turns out. I may have been wrong. :(

Absolutely love mine, and could never sell it for the new 2016 GT350. I am sure it will be a beast, but the 2011 gets the overwhelming attention and respect that I never fully imagined or anticipated when I orderd it. Plus, the Carroll Shelby signature on the dash really adds to the wow factor!

being on Oahu I'm sure its the only one...

Does the guy still live on Oahu with the original Cobra? I met him at the SAAC convention in Salt Lake City in 2007 and I guess he is the longest original owner. This is the same guy and same Cobra from Hollywood Knights right? Great movie, hey Newbomb where's your El Camino

One more on Oahu, 2011 GT350 525 HP. After ordering my 625 HP model, I convinced the dealer GM to go to SA on his next Vegas trip. He did and ordered the car. The current owner rarely brings out the car to cruise or to any events.

As for the SAAC Cobra owner(s), he still has the Series 8000 Shelby Cobra (351W stroked to 427 ci) and it has been to all 50 States at least once and numerous race tracks. It was added to his garage to go with his '80s Mid-States Cobra (351C) that he and his wife had already driven numerous times to all 50 States and on dozens of tracks. Both cars have long been their daily drivers. Right now in June, the Series 8000 has gone from CA ti Indy, then Mid-America in Tulsa and a couple of events in between. In August they will pack up the luggage and tools to drive and run at Nor-Cal Mini Nats in Sonoma, then go to Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca and then cruise all the way to SAAC40 in Pocono, PA. And how much driving have many of you done in your Shelbys? :cool:

I guarantee NO one has driven that much in a Shelby or Cobra!

I do remember a story in Mustang Times about a couple 7-8 years ago who are in their 70's now an original owner of a 66 Mustang with over 200k miles who has driven it to every state plus Canada and that is very cool

I would do this if I could but due to nerve damage in my back I could get past 2-3 states then I'd have to pull over looking for morphine

I would never even entertain swapping my 2013 GT350 for any 2015 or 2016 GT350 or GT350R. I like mine far too much to trade down just for the supposed latest and greatest thing that will change in a short time anyway. Life is too short to keep chasing this stuff.

good luck finding that 12 car garage on Oahu lol

I looked over in Kahala and Hawaii Kai and just no space for any garage unless you're spending 3-5 million and get on the ocean

Every multicar garage that I have seen in those areas (I grew up in Kahala and now live in Hawaii Kai), is filled with anything but cars! The car(s) sty in the driveway and the garages are full of old furniture, boxes and/or young family members who they cannot get to leave. My cars are worked on and stored in a warehouse (affordable garage) an hour drive away. My 2011 GT350 is a more appropriate transporter for me to visit my '66 GT350 than a Prius! :cool:

I would not trade my 2014 GT350 for two 2016 GT350s. I had never seen one in person until I received mine and pictures do these cars no justice, they are something very special. Every car show or car cruise I go to I hope to see another but never have.

I would not trade my 2014 GT350 for two 2016 GT350s. I had never seen one in person until I received mine and pictures do these cars no justice, they are something very special. Every car show or car cruise I go to I hope to see another but never have.

Same here. And at car shows where there are scores of Mustangs and Shelby rides from stock to modified, the 2011 GT350 always draws a crowd of interest and compliments.

Same here. And at car shows where there are scores of Mustangs and Shelby rides from stock to modified, the 2011 GT350 always draws a crowd of interest and compliments.

I like what you're saying. Is it okay if I lump my Race Red 2012 in the same category.

If I were to choose, I would pick a nice, used GT350 over the new 15/16 GT350s. Love those cars. I would not care if it weren't supercharged, either!

Absolutely love mine, and could never sell it for the new 2016 GT350. I am sure it will be a beast, but the 2011 gets the overwhelming attention and respect that I never fully imagined or anticipated when I orderd it. Plus, the Carroll Shelby signature on the dash really adds to the wow factor!

Same here! I feel the connection with SA and have visited SA every year since I ordered my 2011 GT 350. Although the new ones are nice.

Archived