TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stand Up Dealers? Need To Find One.

cgrove04

So I had to let the gt500 go for my house, and now I've got that new car feeling again. I can't find a dealer in va who would do near msrp for a gt350r. Anyone have any suggestions?

Remote delivery is rarely an issue. You have two choices:

1. Have the selling dealer take delivery and then ship the car to you, figure about $1/mile for covered carrier

or

2. Have the selling dealer drop ship to your dealer for final prep, sometimes they charge a little for it but it's worth the little extra poke of the stick in the eye that he could have SOLD YOU THE CAR.

I bought my Shelby GT's remotely and would do it again.

Sandy springs Ford found me my car in Houston.but it was sticker.

It's good to hear they've changed their ways. When I shopped for mine, Sandy Smith from Sandy Springs Ford would not budge on over a $10K ADM. At the time, he/they were very full of themselves.

So I had to let the gt500 go for my house, and now I've got that new car feeling again. I can't find a dealer in va who would do near msrp for a gt350r. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried Ted Britt of Fairfax? Not sure if they'll be any better than others but when I talked to them a while back about the ADM on the GT350, he said they were going to be low if they had any. Might give it a try.

Good luck!

I've had luck with Fred Beans ford in Boyertown, PA.

They did the TSB for the clutch on my 2008 GT500, and did a FANTASTIC job. Good folks and performance enthusiasts too. Every year at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle they set up a full garage area and do performance part sales and installs right at the show....i'm talking full suspensions system swaps and supercharger installs, not just mud flaps and shifter knobs.

They are the only dealership who wrenches on my Shelby, as my selling dealership went out of business.

We just bought a Explorer Sport from them ,and have purchased a WRX from their Subaru franchise as well. If Ford made the Focus ST and AWD car from the beginning, that would be in the garage now instead of the Scooby.

I can't recommend them highly enough. PM me if you want more info.

Z-man

I apologize for not explicitly listing specific dealers I recommend, OP. They are, in order:

- Whitney's Value Ford, Elma, WA (The GM with whom I worked to buy my car, Chuck Smith, has since retired.)

- Parkway Ford, Winston-Salem, NC (Deal with Ed Woods.)

- Bruce Walters Ford, Pikeville, KY (Deal with Brad Hannah.)

- Don Franklin Ford, Columbia, KY (Deal with Steve Smith.)

- Ballweg Ford, Sauk City, WI (Deal with Shawna Bongard.)

If you're in the Hampton Roads area, Suzie Perry at Bowditch Ford in Newport News is a car head, and their internet sales lead. She's totally straight up, and will either get you what you need wrt price, or tell you when/how things might improve.

Good luck with the search.

Quinn

My understanding is the 2015 GT350's will be few and far between. Very limited production numbers. You are most likely going to have to wait for the 2016's to come out, and then finding one for MSRP or below may be difficult until more units flood the market.

Archived