TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Mount Part Numbers Different

ZEROED

I just received strut mounts (upgraded?) from Shelby Performance Parts. I ordered M-18183-C, the Ford Racing box they came in indicates M-18183-C, but the white sticker on each strut indicates BR3V-18183-D. Are these the same part? I did a search on this site, and others, and could not get a clear answer. Thanks in advance.

Also, not to mix topics but, I have a 2007 GT-500 with the M-9603-SVT07 CAI and premium calibration, all else stock on engine, and going to purchase the VMP SC pulley (VMP25SL) and idler pulley. Will I have to get a re-tune? Do I need to drop to a colder plug, say NGK TR6?

A lot of questions here. Thanks.

I just received strut mounts (upgraded?) from Shelby Performance Parts. I ordered M-18183-C, the Ford Racing box they came in indicates M-18183-C, but the white sticker on each strut indicates BR3V-18183-D. Are these the same part? I did a search on this site, and others, and could not get a clear answer. Thanks in advance.

Also, not to mix topics but, I have a 2007 GT-500 with the M-9603-SVT07 CAI and premium calibration, all else stock on engine, and going to purchase the VMP SC pulley (VMP25SL) and idler pulley. Will I have to get a re-tune? Do I need to drop to a colder plug, say NGK TR6?

I did some searching on the internet and found the BR3V number was discussed way back in 2012 as a fix for a TSB related to a strut "clunk" issue, so that part number has been around for a few years. My guess is that the BR3V is the Ford part number for this part and the M-18183-C is the Ford Racing kit part number for the same part(s). There is a way to verify this.................Call your local Ford dealer parts dept. and ask what the correct replacement part number is for the 2011-up GT500 strut mount w/SVTPP? <<It is probably the BR3V number you are asking about..............which are the same mounts sold as a pair in the FRPP M-18183-C box. <<This is just a guess on my part..........

Others will have to answer the spark plug question..........I have a KB S/C.

R

Zeroed,

You should be also replacing the crank pulley to the 2008 unit and while it's not a requirement to go to the colder plugs , it is advisable if you plan on lots of higher RPM usage rather that just cruzing your car @ lower RPMs. Also, it is advisable that if you're going with a pulley change that you consider an upgrade with both the heat exchanger and the intercooler (2013-2014 OEM units or with one of the bigger aftermarket units). JMO

Albino500,

I got the 2008 pulley and a VMP heat exchanger and thermostat, and 3X tank. Intercooler will get replaced later. Thanks for making these points.

Do you think the KR calibration is sufficient for a 2.5 pulley? Some think it may not be. Some seem to think it is OK. I am not sure how to make judgement.

The KR calibration as far as I'm concern is safe to use with the 2.5 pulley. Of course you can get more out of the mods if you recalibrate but going to extremes bring about reliability issues. I think that if someone is paying attentions to temps and A/F ratios that problems can be avoided. JMO

Could be one is the Ford Part Number and the other is the Engineering Part Number. The base number (18183) is the same. Or as replied earlier, revised part "D" from "C".

Archived