TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sa To Build A 2015 Super Snake..

I have made a few, it's not the baddest super snake SA offers as other have stated. You can get a 1000hp gt500 ss from SA, pretty sure not on the new super snake. I like it, but not the name. The package power has been downgraded IMO. If this is the path moving forward, which is great don't get me wrong, then end the older programs and just have the new. If you want to build both side by side, change the names. Just my honest opinion, and I don't think the new model will hurt values on the older models....they are different beasts IMO.

Guest markham51

I own a SSnake. It delivered on its promise to be the biggest baddest Mustang on the block and still looks and performs exceptionally well. Everyone who sees it (still) comments on its looks. It dynos out at just above the advertised HP at 740. It is a great car and I love it.

The SS in the Shelby brochure looks very nice, I especially love the color. I am looking forward to the performance specs to see how Shelby has adapted the GT. While the old SS was built on a GT500 distancing itself from the GT a bit more...the new SS is built on the new Mustang platform giving it a number of advantages from the older cars.

The old SS seemed to follow the natural order of things. GT - GT500 - GT500SS Now its GT and SS. Perhaps this more than anything else points to no successor to the 5.0 (other than variants like the Voodoo).

Ford has invested big time in the GT350 to show it can track with the big dogs.

Only time will tell if Ford has turned the page...or if it has great surprises in store for us.

Edited by markham51

There is a 700+hp craze that is currently revolving around the Hellcat. So far, Ford has not stepped up with a GT500 on the new platform for a 2015/2016 post title to be built on by SA. I think it is Great that Shelby has stepped up with a 700+ hp Super Snake based on the only upper performance level Mustang that Ford currently offers, it is filling a gap. This 750hp Shelby Super Snake, based on the new body style, should throw some cold water on the Hellcat craze, much like the 662hp Mustang threw a wet blanket on the 580hp ZL-1.

R

Edited by Robert M

Everything is great until something new comes along that seems bigger, better, more features etc. Saying that it is my sincere appreciation to be one of the few to have become an owner of a 2014 Signature Edition Super Snake. SA is always developing and testing the new cars for the next best thing and they have done well as usual with the 2015 car for the next Super Snake. I love mine.

• 2 months later...

Whenever I get the creeping disappointment that the new SS is just a higher hp version of the SGT, I remind myself that SAI is a business. The SS has typically been the flagship product, and like any business, they exist to make a profit. The new model only makes me appreciate my 850hp, solid rear axle, 5.8L engine even more. So, I guess the '15 and newer models end up being a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Road and Track just killed the SS in its most recently published magazine. Too many deficiencies to list. The main one that stood out was the fact that the 2012 Boss was faster around the track. 1 alibi 2 your car looking outstanding at the show on Sunday. I didn't move my car until the rain stopped..lol

• 2 weeks later...

2 glaring issues!!! These Shelby's meaning the recent ones even going back to the 2011 GT350 are coming with bad tunes and the cost of the package just doesn't make sense at all! Unless you have deep pockets when the package costs more than the actual car someone has a screw loose at SAI to think people are going to spend this kind of money. Want proof, how many 2014 Shelby GT's were built, how many 2015 Shelby GT's were built, how many 2015 Shelby Super Snakes were built none that I have heard of. Even worse the new Shelby GT Eco-boost package umm $25k for an extra 24hp I think :doh:

They brought this on themselves

My 2011 GT350 didn't come from the factory with a bad tune, neither did the 1966 GT350. The SA challenge is that there a lot of performance mod shops like Roush and Steeda and others. In addition the mechanicals are Ford Performance catalog items that any DIYer can acquire.. The extra cost is in the labor, tuning and cosmetic add-ons such as fiberglass or carbon fiber parts and items with the Shelby name.

how many 2015 Shelby GT's were built, how many 2015 Shelby Super Snakes were built none that I have heard of. Even worse the new Shelby GT Eco-boost package umm $25k for an extra 24hp I think :doh:

They brought this on themselves

They are selling 2015 parts on eBay so obviously someone is buying. I also saw a dealer selling a 2015 Shelby GT on eBay a few weeks ago. Edited by sheppd01

Tune, tune,tune.....something is not the same. I don't even drive the new sig snake anymore, tune flat out sucks! Surging, lagging, hanging idle.....I was also sent to Kenny Belle to get things rectified this winter. Its a shame.

I drove the wide body last night (from the old shop), and the thing ran like a dream....??????

I read that review, ouch!

Tune, tune,tune.....something is not the same. I don't even drive the new sig snake anymore, tune flat out sucks! Surging, lagging, hanging idle.....I was also sent to Kenny Belle to get things rectified this winter. Its a shame.

I drove the wide body last night (from the old shop), and the thing ran like a dream....??????

I read that review, ouch!

Sometimes it feels like my Sig Snake Snake has two throttle settings. Full go or stop. Otherwise I chance chugging along at low RPMs and I look like I don't know how to drive (which in fairness is debatable).

I haven't had the hanging idle and I haven't noticed the lagging but I also need more seat time. I haven't taken my wife in it yet because I want to be able to drive it smoothly.

It's not refined and I think the part that disappoints me is that it's very, very close to being an unbelievable car. It just needs a little tweak or two.

I just kind of get the sense there's a money grab going on and it makes it hard for the good guys at Shelby to produce the best cars.

My 2011 GT350 didn't come from the factory with a bad tune, neither did the 1966 GT350. The SA challenge is that there a lot of performance mod shops like Roush and Steeda and others. In addition the mechanicals are Ford Performance catalog items that any DIYer can acquire.. The extra cost is in the labor, tuning and cosmetic add-ons such as fiberglass or carbon fiber parts and items with the Shelby name.

Let me rephrase what I said, the tune SAI put on the 2011's didn't do anyone a favor. Was having some work done on mine in the last 2 weeks and they meaning Power by the Hour adjusted the tune and on the dyno got another 67hp before anything else added

They are selling 2015 parts on eBay so obviously someone is buying. I also saw a dealer selling a 2015 Shelby GT on eBay a few weeks ago.

I saw the ad and I think the dealer ordered the car and its the only 2015 Shelby GT I've seen and they have no takers so far. The cost of these packages SAI put on the newer cars are killing their sales. What person in their right mind would order the Shelby GT Eco-boost and pay $25k for 24hp and some body mods?