TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone know if you can buy factory colors in rattle cans?

drlovegun

PM Grabber, he may be able to help you on this.

+1 - he referred my to a local paint shop in his area and they did a great job. I had 4 spray cans of Vista Blue paint in a week. Work very well have already painted the ST brace to match and the match is pretty spot on...I'd give you the info myself - but don't have the shop's contact info handy. Be sure and mention that Rob sent you too!

I have refered several members to my local paint store. They have all the formulas for the Ford paint and a computer measures it up and they put it in a can and add the clear to it. It is a single stage paint with the clear allready in it. I bought 0ne can for $20 bucks and painted my Tower Strut and steeda hood prop brackets.

They will mail you the paint if you ask them to. You will have to pay a small shipping charge. When you call them, have your paint code ready. If you paint some parts like I did...be sure to scuff them with a sanding pad and clean and primer them. I did 3 coats on my Tower Strut. Here is a link to the store in Vancouver WA with all the info on contacting them.

http://www.bobspaintland.com/contactus.html

Here is the red primer that I used...they sell it too.

Here is a photo of them after I rattle can painted them in my shop loft.

And here is a couple photos of my painted tower strut and hood brackets.

Wow your area looks confusing?

I can just imagine asking for directions ...

"...yeah turn right on 99th, then a left on 106th, then go straight to 95th, right on 98th, up the street to 110th then hang a left on 91st... :banghead:

You just need a Nav system. When I win the lottery, I'll get you one.

Promice!

That looks great Grabber. I ended up finding a local store and sprayed my strut tower brace alloy. This morning with my handy laser level I painted the satin silver stripes on the brace too, looks awesome, I'll post some pice later

I want to see how the stripes look. Very Interesting!

Wow your area looks confusing?

I can just imagine asking for directions ...

"...yeah turn right on 99th, then a left on 106th, then go straight to 95th, right on 98th, up the street to 110th then hang a left on 91st... :banghead:

Grabber, is the s/c heat bothering your painted strut brace?

Snoop...the direction thing is funny. There is a place in Indianapolis, and I called them to ask for directions. She said "go east on west street, then turn north on south street". :huh:

I'm serious.

Snoop...the direction thing is funny. There is a place in Indianapolis, and I called them to ask for directions. She said "go east on west street, then turn north on south street". :huh:

I'm serious.

I don't like hijacking threads, but I was told to "turn left where the K-Mart used to be". Yeah, like I'm supposed to know.

Now back to the regularly scheduled topic.

Archived