TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance

Just trying to get some info as to what insurance some of you are using for your s.s. I like to drive mine and will go to the movies or restaurants every now and then and car shows and gatherings. I don't go shopping or stuff like. Just want the car covered but wanna use it. Regular ins. Only covers me to bout 75,000.00 and would like a lil extra. Any help would be great thanks

Just went through this in May and decided to go with Grundy Insurance. I also bought an agreed value policy which is based on the total value I have into the car and not the depreciated value if something would happen. They did have several questions about where the vehicle is garaged and where I drive it. Also wanted declaration pages of my existing policy to insure the Super Snake wasn't a daily driven car.

i have had collector insurance on mine since i bought it in 2010, with american modern, which i paid $1,300 FOR AGREED VALUE of $52,000 i did not add any mods, to the policy so left it purchase price ,i just changed to grundy also and i paid $817 a year with $ 50,000 agreed value since it is a 2010 i really did not want to go, threw all my bill to show the $ $12000 in mods , which would cost more, but with these collecter ins policy you really have some restrictions about where you go , like your not suppose to be grocery shopping, not suppose use as a every day driver, milage limits , which i have only 3000 miles a year etc etc , i think its a great deal to pay such a small amout for the value of these cars , for me its worth it , i only have 7000 miles on mine and really dont leave it when its out

I have AIG (Barrett-Jackson endorsed policy) at $990 per year for an agreed $100K value. Ins. agent stated a "guide line of 3000 miles" per year that doesn't require proof of milage. I don't exceed milage anyway as I never have vehicle parked out of my sight. Had this policy 4 1/2 years which used to be Chartis Casualty.

Thanks for the input. I have called multiple companies including the ones mentioned and covered value is great and car is not a daily driver but like to cruise and get a bite to eat. They are kinda picky about stopping to eat or going to a movie. They are also good on mileage as I only put about 3k a year.

• 2 weeks later...

AIG (Barrett-Jackson) '07 40th @ $100,000 agreed and a '64 Fairlane @ $6000 agreed value.

$600/year total for both.

AIG has changed how they handle newer model cars. Early on I got a phenomenal rate of about 0.40/1000. When I got the Ford GT with no other collector (pre-70's) vehicle to go along the rate went to $1/1000.

Their broker (TDC Risk Management) is a wonderful full service agency. They use Auto Owners for the rest of the vehicles, homeowners, etc. and unfortunately Auto Owners doesn't write policies in Nevada.

AIG has changed how they handle newer model cars. Early on I got a phenomenal rate of about 0.40/1000. When I got the Ford GT with no other collector (pre-70's) vehicle to go along the rate went to $1/1000.

Their broker (TDC Risk Management) is a wonderful full service agency. They use Auto Owners for the rest of the vehicles, homeowners, etc. and unfortunately Auto Owners doesn't write policies in Nevada.

Yeah, I've heard others speak of increases with them but so far - so good as I've had them (BG) from about 2007(ish?) and have been bracing ever since.