TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby Gt Artehouse Print Brochure On Ebay

Larry T

Certain collectible items are sure going up for the GT-H, example: the book Return of the Legend, this Art House brochure, the original GT-H "T" shirt etc. Will the cars ever appreciate? Maybe, maybe not but get the GT-H swag collectibles as they seem to be doing well.

I do agree that this posting was the first time I have seen the brochure available. I kept my brochure which I got with the Shelby packet when I registered my H.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder how these keep fetching so much $ on eBay I'm beginning to wonder if someone is printing off copies ( I have seen a single seller selling multiples from $40-$75 + shipping) as well as trying to sell multiple "congratulations on your purchase" envelops. unbelievable. I wonder if people sent this in and are desperate to replace now? I didn't have to send mine in to get my print (looks beautiful btw and a steal!) just ordered online and confirmed ownership over the phone. I wonder what I could get for the zmax ad or the hood pin warning tag. Lol.

I wonder how these keep fetching so much $ on eBay I'm beginning to wonder if someone is printing off copies ( I have seen a single seller selling multiples from $40-$75 + shipping) as well as trying to sell multiple "congratulations on your purchase" envelops. unbelievable. I wonder if people sent this in and are desperate to replace now? I didn't have to send mine in to get my print (looks beautiful btw and a steal!) just ordered online and confirmed ownership over the phone. I wonder what I could get for the zmax ad or the hood pin warning tag. Lol.

There are people that make a great living doing just that! They find a niche paper product and they print them up for big $$$! No idea if that's the case here but I've seen it.

If you look at the profile of the person selling the items mentioned in the ebay link above he has 100% positive feedback on over 350 items sold and maintains and ebay store. I doubt he has fooled 350+ people in a row. He has quite a few different Shelby related items for sale and appears to be a genuine collector/seller of Shelby items. I don’t think this particular individual is selling fake items. Shelby collectors can be quite serious about their purchases. If he was selling bogus items I am sure somebody would have “flamed” him in an ebay review by now or posted here on Team Shelby about it

To be clear I am not accusing any individual of anything . My comment was merely a suggestion to be knowledgable as a consumer as well as informing Shelby members that they can purchase the art house prints without the form that came with the car, incase they were purchasing purely for that purpose. I am just saying (factually) that these came with the cars only and there were fewer of these then the cars, so me personally if I were looking for one I would be cautious buying from a person that had a multitude of them and whom repeatedly sold and listed them. May that seller have a logical explanation certainly. I would just be cautious myself.

That would make sense, although if SAI suddenly found the missing cards one would hope that they would give or at least sell them at a reasonable price to the folks who actually purchased these cars and didn't receive them. This very forum would have been the perfect platform to accomplish such a thing. This also seems to be the precident on how these things have been handeled in the past.

Not saying this isn't true but how often does SAI just unload discovered left overs to a single person,especially from one individual to another. The skeptic in me would think it more likely a former employee or someone connected to SAI found and stashed them said oh so and so gave them to me then when they were gone and couldn't be punished by SAI discovered a great way to make money on the back end. I know SAI would not do this nor condone this as they are very by the book internally but they can't always control the actions of outside parties. The good thing is I believe Bud is still at SAI and is a great guy, I've spoken to him and picked his brain numerous times. I'm sure he could confirm or deny the claim. If he confirms it that's all the provenance or proof you need. I will also state one of the eBay folks selling these SVT something or other I have purchased other items from without any problems.

Though I do find it VERY hard to believe that SAI would relinquish envelopes and paperwork stating "congratulations on your purchase of a 2007 Shelby GT" and/or "congratulations on your purchase of a 2008 Shelby GT" in any fashion other than in the glove box of said car fearing someone using that in an attempt to clone or otherwise Mis represent a regular mustang as a Shelby and I'm pretty sure they would feel negligent doing such a thing. Though I suppose if a deleaship or family of dealership had a number of pre title SGT cars there would be nothing to stop someone from looting these. Just my 2 cents right or wrong.

No I've spoken with others at SAI more recently. But wow I did not realize it had been that long, he always seemed pretty knowledgable and helpful when I spoke with him. I call or email whoever I am directed to occasionally but I am too busy enjoying my car all the time to keep up with who's where.

No I've spoken with others at SAI more recently. But wow I did not realize it had been that long, he always seemed pretty knowledgable and helpful when I spoke with him. I call or email whoever I am directed to occasionally but I am too busy enjoying my car all the time to keep up with who's where.

Still haven't figured out how to put your message in the same reply as the quote that you're replying to huh? I didn't realize it was that hard to do!