TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hey I Have A Coolant Leak From My Canton Overflow Tank

Hey I have a coolant leak from my canton overflow tank , any ideas why? The car has done this before, but only once in a while, always seemingly while its a hot day. Any ideas, the water temp. gauge shows normal, also right before this happened, the car stalled while pulling away from a stop, a couple of times. any ideas?

It's coming from under the tank cap, I have the Shelby caps, that attach to the stock one if I remember right. you can't over tighten them as they slip purposely once tightened all the way. I'm nervous about this, as I'm not seeing any high temp. reading on gauge. Also, what level do you keep your water in the tank at ? I'm concerned , thinking either I have a sticking thermostat, or my coolant sensor is reading faulty, or another thought, is my intercooler pump malfunctioning at times. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

The Canton tank on my car has the same problem. I think it has to due with the way Canton cut the threads. They seem to have edges that are sharper than on the original tank. I tried some teflon tape and it helped, but did not eliminate the problem.

The Canton tank on my car has the same problem. I think it has to due with the way Canton cut the threads. They seem to have edges that are sharper than on the original tank. I tried some teflon tape and it helped, but did not eliminate the problem.

Agreed, it's the threads - I took a file to them to resize them and then ended up with an over the counter Stant replacement cap to finally get it to seal and hold.

Archived