TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thoughts On Radio Change Over

Here is a question I would like to throw out and hear some thoughts. My past cars that were nice old vintage stock cars I would always keep them as close to original as possible, unfortunately technology has made it difficult to not want the niceties of the times. I had installed in my Hertz GT-H a Kenwood GPS, DVD/CD, Bluetooth, HD Radio with a backup camera. To look at the unit in the car, if you didn't know it looks stock to the year and make. They did a nice job installing with no cutting or changes to the structure. Old original CD/Radio wrapped in a nice clean towel and put away for safe keeping. Have many of you kept the 100% stock look or updated.

What radio really has no effect on Value. My Shaker unit died and been trying to find a 08-09 Navigation unit as just prefer it over the Kenwood and Pioneer units as not as much into the radio options as I was back in my 20's. Plus, why loud music over the beautiful exhaust sound

Here is a question I would like to throw out and hear some thoughts. My past cars that were nice old vintage stock cars I would always keep them as close to original as possible, unfortunately technology has made it difficult to not want the niceties of the times. I had installed in my Hertz GT-H a Kenwood GPS, DVD/CD, Bluetooth, HD Radio with a backup camera. To look at the unit in the car, if you didn't know it looks stock to the year and make. They did a nice job installing with no cutting or changes to the structure. Old original CD/Radio wrapped in a nice clean towel and put away for safe keeping. Have many of you kept the 100% stock look or updated.

I agree with you 100%. My stereo has lots of upgrades, I did the same thing you did. No cutting or butchering, and I have all the old stuff packed away.

Jer

I have been thinking about this same thing since March but haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Which Kenwood unit did you choose? I've been wavering for months and I really don't know why. It's

never been a problem for me making decisions before. I guess I still prefer stock???

Terry

I have been thinking about this same thing since March but haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Which Kenwood unit did you choose? I've been wavering for months and I really don't know why. It's

never been a problem for me making decisions before. I guess I still prefer stock???

Terry

Kenwood_DNX572BH.jpg

Kenwood_DNX572BH.jpg

Please roll over the image to zoom in. Click on the image to see larger image.
Kenwood DNX572BH
2-DIN AV Navigation System with Bluetooth and HD Radio

I'd go with a nice Kenwood or Alpine double dine dvd player without navi since phone navs are much more accurate and you can a bluetooth navi to newer decks. My system is older but I'm running a dnx 2150 with 4 6x8 infinity references (kinda regret not getting the kappas), upgraded shelby kicker 8 inch subs (waste of money since door rattles so much if I turn the gain up), and a 15 inch solo baric in the trunk.

The only thing I miss is the speed sensor that increases my music volume that came with the stock system. Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions. Be happy to walk you through it.

I'm fine w/ my original stuff - however - if I were going to change it, at this point I think I'd wait to see what becomes available with Apple CarPlay or similar.

BTW, Next time anyone is in Vegas, drop me a line, and I'll demo my system for you. It doesn't require a big investment, just careful selection of components. Hearing is believing! LOL

Also, Chance.316, don't feel bad, the Infinity Reference sounded FAR better than their Kappas in my tests. The Kappas had a 15K bump that was untameable and harsh. You did the right thing!

Jer

"Friend" me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jer.gervasi.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...