TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4000 Rpm Cutout

I would start with the tune. IMHO wouldn't trust an email tune from BAMA on a new GT500, especially if you have multiple/complicated modifications. Try vmptuning or Lundracing. I've run vmp on my last two shelbys spanning 5 years and have never seen mechanical damage.

A $200 tune is much cheaper than a damaged engine. If you blowup the motor the dealership can read the duty cycles in the computer since it was last tuned. if they are very low to zero it's a red flag the end user Has reprogrammed it just before they came in with a damaged motor. Depending on how "cool" your dealership is you may or may not be faced with a repair bill. A highly experienced tuner is a must on a car that complex.

I'd be surprised if you are not throwing an engine code. it sounds like it is going into "limp mode".

If you change the air intake system (std box to CAI, throttle body), and/or exhaust (headers for sure, some mufflers) then you will likely need a tune to go with it. That is because those are the pre and post pump (engine) systems. CAIs and TBs allow more air in, headers/mufflers allow more exhaust out and both change the static AFR (Air-Fuel Ratio). Neither is a good thing.

Did your system not come with the tuner? If it is just a static tune with no hardware changes than have you tried restoring the original tune?

I have the smaller supercharger pulley, cai, off road h-pipe, corsa axle back, and the tune. It ran fine until I put the new plugs in. once I did that it hasn't run right since. I am waiting to hear from bama on tune questions and I'm looking at the up stream O2 sensor also from things I read on other forums. Thanks for the info and if there's any more out there I'll sure take it all in.

The factory 2013-2014 GT500 plugs are already a colder heat range, but should be gapped down to .028-.035" to prevent spark blowout, stock gap is 0.033 - 0.037 inches".

Edited by svtmattUT

Talked to Nick at JDM Engineering and he told me to put in the new plugs and go back to the stock tune and the car runs normal now so I guess it was something in the Bama tune. Don't think I'll be using Bama again. Just jike to give a shout out to Nick, he didn't have to help but he did. I'll be doing buisiness with JDM from here out.

Edited by Blacksnake1963

Talked to Nick at JDM Engineering and he told me to put in the new plugs and go back to the stock tune and the car runs normal now so I guess it was something in the Bama tune. Don't think I'll be using Bama again. Just jike to give a shout out to Nick, he didn't have to help but he did. I'll be doing buisiness with JDM from here out.

I wouldn't think that you should still run your stock tune given that you still have all your other mods in place. I'm surprised the car hasn't at least thrown a lean code.

Stock gap is not .045"

From the 2013/14 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement V2

Spark plugs CGSF-12YP

0.033 - 0.037 inches (0.85 - 0.95 mm)

Right you are. For some reason VMP Tuning has this on thier 2013 GT500 pulley product description page. Lame. Good catch, I will update my post so there is no misinformation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...