TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 Order Banks Opened

How long does it take for the Shelby GT350 to get built after the purchase?

Good question we shall see. Just got word today they are pulling orders in my region 9/10/15 so was told maybe a oct/nov deliver date. Again we shall see.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Long time no post. I have being living in Singapore last 5 years, had to let my Shelby Super Snake go free to new home.

So, I am now desperately seeking a GT350/R for shipping to London in Dec/Jan.

If anyone knows some stock, anywhere across the States please PM me.

I wasn't able to order until i had it confirmed i was moving to the UK.

Many thanks

Jason

p.s Living in Sinagpore has being fun, although driving a USD 160,000 VW Golf R (yes u read that right, car taxes haha), not quite as much fun as a good Shelby.

I don't know the reason, but I did see an internal Ford memo that R production would be shut down from October until February.

I am still looking as well, but we will see.

Because of the tires on the R you can't drive them without the risk of cracks in freezing conditions . Even moving them in the parking lot. This happened to GM with the new Z06 during the winter months. They had to replace all cracked tires.

Because of the tires on the R you can't drive them without the risk of cracks in freezing conditions . Even moving them in the parking lot. This happened to GM with the new Z06 during the winter months. They had to replace all cracked tires.

Ford is playing it smart and GM didn't have a clue ....even though the tire co has a warning about these risk.

Wow, that's smart thinking! It also makes me happy because it will give me a better chance to get an allocation.

I'm doubtful of that. The cars are already sold, it's only delivery dates that are in question. You might get lucky and find someone that has backed out of a car because the delivery date has stretched out though. And of course if that original deal was at MSRP it probably won't be any more.

Good luck though :)

Here we go with the cynics trying to 'protect' the future values of their 'investments' :hysterical2:

:boring:

You'll be interested when the new GT350 spanks your old cars on the track, car cruises and shows. Even Carroll said his favorite car was "The next one." Too bad some 'enthusiasts' here don't have his attitude and choose to minimize and criticize the new cars. :club:

Here we go with the cynics trying to 'protect' the future values of their 'investments' :hysterical2:

:boring:

You'll be interested when the new GT350 spanks your old cars on the track, car cruises and shows. Even Carroll said his favorite car was "The next one." Too bad some 'enthusiasts' here don't have his attitude and choose to minimize and criticize the new cars. :club:

He was referring to Shelbys next car not someone else's. Better go put down $ for a 2017 civic. Lol. I'd take a 66 GT 350 r over a new GT mustang even if it's faster who cares. It's about taste. Calling an SVT a Shelby is like calling a fiero a Ferrari. It's integrity and facts not value. The SAI 350s and the ford 350s will be sitting on eBay for years not moving by opportunist "investors" neither will retain value balanced with their price tags.

Looks like somebody bought a get 500 and is sore because the dealership told them it was a Shelby and it's a sensitive subject. Can't we all just get along. Shelbys are sweet the ford 500s are sweet and the ford l350s look quite promising Stangs are sweet without ford we wouldn't have Shelbys and without Shelby coming back who knows where the stang would be. We're all civilized car guys it's not like this is the Saleen club I mean seriously have you ever we'll never mind.

I live in Europe and I would like to purchase the new Shelby GT350 with Technology Package. Can I order it without personally going to USA? The NET price is $56.670... is this the final price? Are there any USA companies that can help me with ordering and transporting? Thanks alot.

I live in Europe and I would like to purchase the new Shelby GT350 with Technology Package. Can I order it without personally going to USA? The NET price is $56.670... is this the final price? Are there any USA companies that can help me with ordering and transporting? Thanks alot.

Better do your homework on this. First and foremost before writing a check you need to check with your country's import and US export rules about importing/exporting a new unregistered vehicle. Second, the chances of finding a GT350 at MSRP are slim to none at least in the short term. Have you talked with a local country Ford dealer?

Better do your homework on this. First and foremost before writing a check you need to check with your country's import and US export rules about importing/exporting a new unregistered vehicle. Second, the chances of finding a GT350 at MSRP are slim to none at least in the short term. Have you talked with a local country Ford dealer?

I am aware of my country taxes. My local Ford dealer told me that they know nothing about Shelby (only mustang GT&ecoboost) and can't help me.

I am aware of my country taxes. My local Ford dealer told me that they know nothing about Shelby (only mustang GT&ecoboost) and can't help me.

The taxes are only a part of it. Import/export of new vehicles (not built for country of delivery) is going to be a process you will have to pay careful attention to.

I thought I read somewhere that the GT350 is available only in North American markets.

Secondo's comment is what I also believe to be the case. That said, you want to purchase a vehicle from a US dealer. But you don't state where delivery will be made. US dealers can't deliver outside of the US, so you are going to have to find a place where you can take delivery, get it licensed and pay US taxes, and then export it. There may be some shippers that can help you. Be careful you don't create a car that can't be moved!

Ford's marketing and sales effort for the GT350 is North America, but that doesn't mean you cant buy one and have it shipped overseas. Military People ship cars overseas all the time. Many Shelbys older and newer end up all over the world. One of the biggest barriers may be foreign emission requirements. As far as getting some better answers you can try auctionexport.com. Best of Luck to you.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived