TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 Order Banks Opened

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. There is no "I" in team. Think of GT, Cobra, Mustang....now try and lose "Ford" or "Carroll Shelby" from the collaboration.... They were inter-dependant and still are.

The fact that a "Shelby" is synonymous with the BEST MUSTANG available from Ford is a tribute to that relationship. Everyone wins...

Just ordered a fourth Shelby this am. :love_shower:

There is an "I" in winner :)

I agree. There is no "I" in team. Think of GT, Cobra, Mustang....now try and lose "Ford" or "Carroll Shelby" from the collaboration.... They were inter-dependant and still are.

The fact that a "Shelby" is synonymous with the BEST MUSTANG available from Ford is a tribute to that relationship. Everyone wins...

Just ordered a fourth Shelby this am. :love_shower:

There is an "I" in winner :)

+1

:thumbsup:

:victory:

That's what they said in 2001 too.. :)

It's always the past with you, Mike.

In the present:

This time around, Ford Racing sells upgraded half-shafts and all supporting hardware for the drag racers and enthusiasts. There are new Mustangs in street trim already running 9's with this hardware.

Really? I would like to see those bone street stock 2015 Mustangs that run 9 second quarter mile times……….post some time slips and specs on the cars…...

Or is this highly modified one you are speaking of? Hardly "street trim".

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-first-2015-ford-mustang-to-run-a-9-91-secon-1662776299

Secondo, why do you feel the need to keep this 'nit picking' as my Grandma called it at Mike's every comment?

Really? I would like to see those bone street stock 2015 Mustangs that run 9 second quarter mile times.post some time slips and specs on the cars...

Or is this highly modified one you are speaking of? Hardly "street trim".

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-first-2015-ford-mustang-to-run-a-9-91-secon-1662776299

No, not that one. There's a few on YouTube built by some vendors, American Muscle and Evolution Performance being some of them. Ford Racing developed the kits for them (2015 Mustangs). Even the ecoboost Mustang runs 12.60's with just a performance tune alone! I believe the halfshaft kit should be installed when dipping into the 11's with drag tires.

Edit: I'll post some videos when I'm on my PC, I'm usually on here with just my "phone."

Mike- just to reiterate, Carroll did sign the rights over personally to Ford for the nameplates for both GT350 and GT500. There is no allegedly about it. While the details are private between Ford and CS Licensing, as to the length of time, what specific builds, merchandising, etc., it is known to many close to the action that Carroll signed this contract either right before going to the hospital or right after. Of course, this really doesnt matter as he was of sound mind and he was the one that made this decision.

I get the defensive posture of a 2011-2014 GT350 owner. This doesnt help promote the value of the investement. As a previous GT350 owner, I was VERY happy with its performance, and it is a great car, still one of my favorites. For me, I had to make hard decisions based on what I could use the car for and keep it in the best shape possible. I came to the conclusion for now my best course is to buy the newer models, play with them a while, then sell them and repeat the whole process over and over. It probably costs me 5k a year to do this, but it gives me insight to each model as they progress. Later on, when the Shelby name ceases getting put on, I can still go back and buy my favorite or even favorites. For me, this is a deliberate decision to play with mustang builds where I can really have freedom to buy vs. buying one supercar that takes all my extra money and I kinda like being able to repeat the process and have the newest thing to test out. But thats just me. Most are VERY attached to their Shelby and would never dream of doing that.

No one is wrong if it brings you joy. This is our hobby, our outlet. Im personally very happy to still have all these choices. I have never subscribed to the "this car is more shelby than that car" argument, but same rules apply- If thats what your main objective is in the car you choose, you have that option to fulfill that too.

Great times with so many great choices. God Bless Carroll for not letting it all pass with him. Henry Ford passed away, and think of all the great vehicles that have come since. If a Shelby is still being made in 50 years, and it dominates its class and is worthy, I cant possibly think of a better legacy for Carroll.

Thanks Dubbs, I can't argue with much of what you say, my feelings as well, but once I get a car, if I love it, I tend to keep it as opposed to jumping to every "next biggest thing" hype out there in advert land that ops up. Obviously with all my old cars I am not taken with most new ones, but my GT350 is unlike any other new one I have found, including this newest latest, greatest thing.

But the GT350 and GT500 names are still a mystery when you start searching the legal trademarks files. There is this:

http://www.trademarkia.com/gt350-86135149.html

Showing the CHS Trust registered it not long after CS's death (I am assuming it passed from him to the trust at the will probate hearing, and the same legal files show "GT500" the same way at the same time. It makes me think that the names were not sold to Ford by CS, just licensed and that CS's trust still retains rights to it all. We will never know the truth, as the private probate files and documents are sealed from the outsider's eyes.

Oh, and let me add the current or future value of my GT350 does not enter into my thinking at all. That kind of money is not significant to me and never will be, my partisanship toward the car is all about my love of the design, engine, sound, performance, etc. that makes it a unique car, nothing, whatsoever else is involved here.

Thanks Dubbs, I can't argue with much of what you say, my feelings as well, but once I get a car, if I love it, I tend to keep it as opposed to jumping to every "next biggest thing" hype out there in advert land that ops up. Obviously with all my old cars I am not taken with most new ones, but my GT350 is unlike any other new one I have found, including this newest latest, greatest thing.

But the GT350 and GT500 names are still a mystery when you start searching the legal trademarks files. There is this:

http://www.trademarkia.com/gt350-86135149.html

Showing the CHS Trust registered it not long after CS's death (I am assuming it passed from him to the trust at the will probate hearing, and the same legal files show "GT500" the same way at the same time. It makes me think that the names were not sold to Ford by CS, just licensed and that CS's trust still retains rights to it all. We will never know the truth, as the private probate files and documents are sealed from the outsider's eyes.

Oh, and let me add the current or future value of my GT350 does not enter into my thinking at all. That kind of money is not significant to me and never will be, my partisanship toward the car is all about my love of the design, engine, sound, performance, etc. that makes it a unique car, nothing, whatsoever else is involved here.

The trademark references aftermarket stuff...

Guest markham51

Got my DORA today from dealer with prices and partial VIN. Confirmed order date May 25th

VIN looks like A6P8J2B (so far)

It is a 900A with 67T Tech package

with cover

Total before tax $74,824 MSRP

Got my DORA today from dealer with prices and partial VIN. Confirmed order date May 25th

VIN looks like A6P8J2B (so far)

It is a 900A with 67T Tech package

with cover

Total before tax $74,824 MSRP

Is the dealer charging more than MSRP = ADM?

Archived