TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Excited To Be A New Member

I am a newbie to the whole Shelby culture and have no experience or expertise in any of these areas. I will try to learn as I go, I just don't want my lessons to be too costly. I am considering the purchase of a 2007 40th Anniversary w/ 6k miles, and trying to determine if I am getting a "fair" price...not looking to get a steal. How can I get an idea of what I am getting? BTW I am also new to forums and hope this is an appropriate questions. Here is some of the info:

CSM: 07XL0125

Price paid for GT500 Mustang Convertible: $80,242.48

Price paid for CSM 600hp 40th package: $22,678.49

Total Price Paid: $102,920.8

Black convertible
This vehicle was outfitted with the 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package, featuring the following genuine SHELBY modifications
  • Ford Racing 5.4 Supercharger
  • Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension & sway bars
  • Borla exhaust system
  • 6 speed manual with short throw shifter
  • 20” American Racing Shelby Razor chrome wheels
  • Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front & 275/35ZR20 rear tires
  • Aluminum hood grille inserts
  • Carbon fiber front splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels
  • SHELBY deck lid letters
  • 40th Anniversary badges on front grille & fenders
  • Sequential taillights
  • 40th Anniversary silver racing stripes
  • Front & rear brake ducting
  • 40th Anniversary badge around faux gas cap
  • CSM numbered dash plaque
  • CSM numbered badge in engine compartment
  • CSM numbered door sill plates
  • Light bar with 3rd brake light (convertibles only)
  • Engine appearance package with various billet caps
  • Center gauge cluster with carbon fiber Autometer gauges
  • Shelby 40th Anniversary embroidered floor mats
  • Aluminum Shelby map light accent
  • Satin door lock knobs
  • Arm rest cover with embroidered snake logo
  • Shelby interior door handles with snake logo

In addition to the CSM package, this vehicle also has:

• Brembo brakes as part of the GT500 package.
  • Dealer installed custom leather sport seat covers featuring red inserts with embroidered snake logos on front & rear seats.
  • Pursuit alarm system with proximity sensor.
  • Mustang car cover.
  • The Protector sound proofing, paint shield & interior shield.
  • Steering wheel never held by bare hands; only with leather gloves so it looks brand new.
  • Includes all original sales documentation, window sticker & CSM literature/correspondence, maintenance records and two key fobs.
  • Includes all OEM parts removed at CSM, including the original 18" GT500 aluminum wheels/tires, etc. You get the whole car!
  • Includes an additional center vent dash panel that was also signed by Caroll Shelby, with a certificate of authenticity.

There is a plaque in the center console (with the VIN) that has Shelby's signature. Was that standard in all of the 40th additions? There is an additional plaque with the CSM number that apparently wasn't installed.

Edited by Knapper

That's a little bid weird in my opinion.

The GT500 was far below 80k. Maybe someone paid ADM in 2007 but that's worth nothing today.

Also, I think that usually the plaque with the CSM number was installed by Shelby and not handed out with the car.

The 40th are great cars and I'm pretty sure that their prices will not go down much further.

If you time to search for the right one, you should be able to get the regular version ~ 40k and the stronger version for less than 60k. There are always cars for sale in the 60s but they usually don't sell.

Thanks for the reply...I did pull the trigger and hope to have it sitting in my driveway next Saturday, I'm not sure if this link will work, but here is the eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-/231561160843?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=e7iLWp0kDhmuHSETpyyGQUj%252FXgk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That's a little bid weird in my opinion.

The GT500 was far below 80k. Maybe someone paid ADM in 2007 but that's worth nothing today.

Also, I think that usually the plaque with the CSM number was installed by Shelby and not handed out with the car.

The 40th are great cars and I'm pretty sure that their prices will not go down much further.

If you time to search for the right one, you should be able to get the regular version ~ 40k and the stronger version for less than 60k. There are always cars for sale in the 60s but they usually don't sell.

This is the plaque I was referring to. I believe it is the stronger version...600HP.post-44990-0-23860100-1432524942_thumb.jpg

This is the plaque I was referring to. I believe it is the stronger version...600HP.attachicon.gifCSM07XL0125.jpg

Nice price for that car. The center plaque is removable. It is only held on with double sided tape. It could have been removed by the previous owner or was never installed by Shelby. I would swap out the signed one with the 40th plate.

Actually, they are a "special" 40th Anniversary silver (not tungsten) but they's all the same..

And still available from SAI thankfully! I just bought a section that I needed to replace the stripe just above the splitter.