TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Now--Hood Scoop

make it become garage wall art and put on a new hood... I may be wrong but I don't think you can even get the hoodscoop anymore

Contact Shelby Performance Parts. The improved scoop may still be available. If not, maybe they still have the SGT alternate hood. After that, it's aftermarket hoods, or the Ford Racing shaker scoop.

I bought 2 scoops about a year ago and replaced the one on the GT-C. Saving the other one for the SGT in case it goes bad. I had to show proof of ownership for both. The replacement scoops are well done.

Edited by slygray1

Just got off the phone with Chris at SPP and ordered a new hood scoop,they are $170.00 and are on back order should be out in about 3 to 4 weeks.My CSM # 1271 is a earler one and it has the 4 bolts for the scoop,the new one has the rivets. Can't wait to get rid of the wavey and ill fiting scoop.

Like to see pics when you get it. Also when it is installed on the car can you do a follow up. My SGT is #0478 and is wavy and dos not set flat. Have always wanted to replace it but the stripes are good and have read lots of horror stories about bad work in replacing the scoop. Rick Gardner

Rick; this is for the future i don't know when i will put this on.I need to do something about the bad stripes,not sure to replace or paint them. But will try to get a photo on line when they come in,i'm not really good at this computer stuff.Larry

Do any of you know what you do about the holes that were left from the "original hood scoop"? I assume the new scoop covers them up completely, but what do you do about the underneath?

Ordered a scoop two months ago, back ordered until they had enough orders (3 I think), and got mine about a month later. Beautiful fit, flawless paint too. I was charged $170 as well, plus shipping. It came undrilled but had small dips where to drill. I had a fresh hood so no suggestions about the old holes, although they might line up. I painted the fresh drilled holes with touch up paint to hopefully retard oxidation.

Rick; this is for the future i don't know when i will put this on.I need to do something about the bad stripes,not sure to replace or paint them. But will try to get a photo on line when they come in,i'm not really good at this computer stuff.Larry

At least have the top stripes painted on. Why would you want to go through this again in 5 years ?

• 3 weeks later...

Scoop just came in and looks great,every thing you need to install template,rivets,center stripe has to be applied. So far the only thing i can think of for the holes is to put a little paint on so not to rust and to buy a new under hood cover.The scoop will cover the top.Like i said before it will be

some time before it is installed.Every thing was good packaged well but had to wait around for Fed Ex to sign for package.Very Happy