TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Royal Purple Raceway Yesterday: The Whole Family!

Bruce49

What a blast! The wife took her 09 C63 AMG, my son was in from Lubbock with his modified 08 Bullitt and my KR.

It was Family Day yesterday. Paid the entry fee and one could race as much as wanted. I ran about 8 times. Best time was only 12.6. Shitty Goodyears. Worse driver...

The new Porsche 918 Spyder was there. 145 mph in 1/4 mile. a Lamborghini was foolish enough to race him. OWNED!

My son got bragging rights on me. 2 out of 3. Btw, he borrowed his friends racing slicks. Wound up bending all his rear lug bolts. All of them. The track was dry and seriously prepped. Ultra sticky.

There's a few times in a father's life that are special: the birth of his first child, the first time he plays catch with his son and now, racing against each other in their respective war machines. It was definitely fun. Will do again some day.

The wife failed to take off all the nannies. While she was trying to feather the throttle, the ECU was doing the same. Needless to say, the tranny was very confused as to what gear to be in. Her times were never below 13 seconds.

Archived