TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW TOY

scgt5c

A neighbor who has an older Cobra advised me of the "G-Tech Perfoemance Meter" to measure your cars perfomance. He says they are very accurate - maybe within 1/100th of a second.

So I bought a new toy for my GT500. Installed on my car is a JLT CAI, SCT tune, plugs, 2.6 pulley, FFRP shorty headers, 295/40/18 Falken tires on the rear and here is what the meter read:

0-60ft 2.209sec @5489rpm

0-60mph 4.035sec

0-100mph 7.896sec

1/4 mi 11.806 124.38mph

HP 480

TQ 472 @ 5345

I'm going to do a few more runs to see if the numbers are within range of one another.

Has anyone else bought one of these meters? I guess I'll have to take it the track to see if these numbers are accurate.

A neighbor who has an older Cobra advised me of the "G-Tech Perfoemance Meter" to measure your cars perfomance. He says they are very accurate - maybe within 1/100th of a second.

So I bought a new toy for my GT500. Installed on my car is a JLT CAI, SCT tune, plugs, 2.6 pulley, FFRP shorty headers, 295/40/18 Falken tires on the rear and here is what the meter read:

0-60ft 2.209sec @5489rpm

0-60mph 4.035sec

0-100mph 7.896sec

1/4 mi 11.806 124.38mph

HP 480

TQ 472 @ 5345

I'm going to do a few more runs to see if the numbers are within range of one another.

Has anyone else bought one of these meters? I guess I'll have to take it the track to see if these numbers are accurate.

I haven't used one but have friends who have. Sounds fun

the HP seems low for your mods though???

I haven't used one but have friends who have. Sounds fun

the HP seems low for your mods though???

I read a little more into the manual about the HP. "The G-Tech does not measure wheel horsepower or horsepwer at the crank. The G-tech measures net horsepower. The value is a measurement of all the horsepower that is available to accelerate your vehicle after all power losses have been subtracted - i.e. wind resistance."

I plan to have my car dynoed again.

if you want to have an accurate performance measuring device, you need to get something GPS activated such as the AX22 Performance Meter or driftbox. The G-techs are toys compared to these things.

Thanks for the input- I'll check into that.

I have used them and depending on what you have they can be really accurate. The old ones are within a 10th, the ones i tested anyways. I use to take them down the track and compair #'s. The new ones are really accurate. The mph can be misleading but atleast you will have an remote idea what your car will run without taking it to the track. Great for modding!!!.

Archived