TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gth Five Speed Conversion

Are there any known numbered GTH automatic automobiles that have been converted to five speed sticks by the owners? Thus a 5 speed clone? Maybe I could do it to have a numbers match set of clones. :lol: Harley

I have thought about doing this. The automatic is the only thing I don't love about the car. It could always be switched back and would certainly set it apart from the other auto cars. Hard to say that you would get your money back down the road but mine will never be for sale so that is not really an issue. Have had the same thoughts about adding a supercharger but have not done anything with that yet either. The fact that SAI is 10 miles from my house makes it almost too easy.

I would be very tempted as well. I keep thinking if I ever get to the point that my transmission fails it would be difficult for me to decide if I should rebuild it or replace it with another automatic. I would much prefer a 5 speed in my Hertz. I don't care for the automatic experience in these cars. It's not that it impedes top end performance in any way, but it limits the fun factor for me on the regular streets.

I am not a fan of doing the conversion, I think you own a piece of Shelby history and it is trying to make it something it is not, adding brakes, superchargers, and other items are a package that SA offers and are great upgrades to a nice platform but it's just my .02 cents.

I would be very tempted as well. I keep thinking if I ever get to the point that my transmission fails it would be difficult for me to decide if I should rebuild it or replace it with another automatic. I would much prefer a 5 speed in my Hertz. I don't care for the automatic experience in these cars. It's not that it impedes top end performance in any way, but it limits the fun factor for me on the regular streets.

Another option? Have you driven a newer Mustang say 13 to present with the 6spd Automatic? Its so far superior to the 5spd Automatic that I will probably do the swap in mine. I really don't care what anyone thinks or some future value. I drive the car and want the best drive possible. Really wish I could install the ZF 8spd auto but no one knows how to mate the electronics

• 2 years later...

Hello All,

Wanted to revive an old post here as I'm considering doing a swap to a 5sp on my 2006 coupe. I love my 07 vert as an automatic but really like how a friend of mine's 07 Shelby GT drives over my 06 coupe with the Hurst 5spd. I believe you need a new ECM and harness along with the tranny / clutch and 3-pedal assembly obviously. Anyone know if the firewall needs any modification or any other experiences / resources (on-line or otherwise) to properly plan and execute this swap?

Hello All,

Wanted to revive an old post here as I'm considering doing a swap to a 5sp on my 2006 coupe. I love my 07 vert as an automatic but really like how a friend of mine's 07 Shelby GT drives over my 06 coupe with the Hurst 5spd. I believe you need a new ECM and harness along with the tranny / clutch and 3-pedal assembly obviously. Anyone know if the firewall needs any modification or any other experiences / resources (on-line or otherwise) to properly plan and execute this swap?

ECM, Engine/Trans harness, pedal assembly, Brake reservoir (may be able to modify the auto for the clutch hydraulic line).

In the process of bringing back to life a flood salvage manual SGT I bought a crashed donor auto car. In the process I had to re-use the auto engine/trans harness by modifying it to work with the manual trans. However, would be much easier to obtain a donor manual harness since you'll also need the other donor parts.

Easiest way to successfully make the swap is to obtain these items from same year Mustang (particularly the ECM and harness)

ECM, Engine/Trans harness, pedal assembly, Brake reservoir (may be able to modify the auto for the clutch hydraulic line).

In the process of bringing back to life a flood salvage manual SGT I bought a crashed donor auto car. In the process I had to re-use the auto engine/trans harness by modifying it to work with the manual trans. However, would be much easier to obtain a donor manual harness since you'll also need the other donor parts.

Easiest way to successfully make the swap is to obtain these items from same year Mustang (particularly the ECM and harness)

Many thanks! - didn't think about the brake reservoir.

If I'm not mistaken, Vantage Sports cars has a 07 Vert that was converted to a manual for sale right now.

http://www.vantagesportscars.com/showroom/ford/2007-ford-shelby-gt-h-conv-5-spd-supercharged/

If I'm not mistaken, Vantage Sports cars has a 07 Vert that was converted to a manual for sale right now.

http://www.vantagesportscars.com/showroom/ford/2007-ford-shelby-gt-h-conv-5-spd-supercharged/

That's the one I was referencing in post # 2. Very nice. Would love to have the Ford Tech do my 06