TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby Gt Rear Shocks

Tokico D-Spec on all 4 corners are a great choice.

Jer

I basically have the unused Ford Racing ones that came off my 2008 GT/SC meaning less than 4,000 miles and that was from driving from Dallas to Vegas that I will sell

I disagree with the Tokico's took that junk off an 06 and put basic Eibach's on and ride was far superior

What about Koni's? I've used them long ago on race cars (they were great then) but I don't know about how they rate these days.

It depends upon what you're looking for in the set of struts/shocks. Do you want adjustability, etc?

Mine is a DD with no intentions of taking the car to a track day. I put on Bilsteins. They take the hard edge off the normally rough ride of the Ford racing ones that came with our cars, without giving up any handling characteristics. That's just from seat of the pants.

On my old 2004 Mach1 I tried the adjustable Tokico's and they were a PITA. I replaced those with Bilsteins and much better.

When my stock struts and shocks went out at 35k, I replaced them with the Tokico D-Specs, they were OK for the most part, could set them full soft for the wife on road trips and then dial them back in for my day to day driving on the back roads to work.

I have 100k+ on the D-Specs and my rears started leaking. When I was originally replacing the stocks I wanted the Koni Sport Yellows but they where on back order for months. So now I am finally getting my Koni Sports, per Sam Strano's advice, and a set of the Steeda Sport Springs. I figure after 135K+ the springs could use replacing as well.

I'll chime back in, in about 2 weeks after I get the new stuff installed and let you guys know the differences I come across.

On a side note, I can not say enough about Sam at Strano Parts, always answers my questions promptly and completely and points me in the right direction based on my criteria.

Just installed Koni Sports and so far I love them. I set them at 1/2 turn from full soft in the rear and 3/4 turn from full soft on the front. I had 50k on the original shock/struts and they are still good but I like the ability to adjust for DD use and track use. It also didn't hurt that American Muscle had them on sale for $599. My other choice would have been the Bilsteins, Terry at Vorshlag motorsports has a lot of experience with both Koni and Bilsteins and he prefers the Bilisteins on lowered cars.

I did not realize that our cars came with the GT500 strut mounts? I bought a set to replace what I thought was the stock ford strut mounts and was surprised to see the GT500 mounts already on the car.

Archived